The Technology Committee promotes the use of technology to increase efficiency of college operations and to support teaching and enhance student learning.
- Maintain a technology plan that aligns with state recommendations
- Assess the technological needs and competencies of faculty, staff, and students
- Provide for staff and faculty technology training
- Make recommendations concerning acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of technologies within a secure and robust infrastructure
- Communicate with college and district personnel
- Identify and promote resource procurement to advance technology and its use by students, faculty, and staff
- Recommend allocation of technology resources in accordance with the Educational Master Plan and Technology Plan
- Maintain a website to disseminate technology-related information to the SCC community
One faculty member and one administrator will serve as co-chairs.
1 ITS Advisory Representative