An Assessment Super Hero
by Kay Powell
Did you know there’s a new SUPERHERO on campus to help you with your assessment data?
It does the work for you.
Would you like:
· To spend less time on SLO outcomes reporting?
· Automate the process and eliminate manual assessment?
· Facilitate collecting and analyzing SLO data?
· Create immediate reports that analyze test outcomes and assist you in reviewing results and making decisions and changes
Assessment help is here!
SCC has purchased, through Title V Grant funds, a specialized Scantron software system that simplifies SLO assessment reporting. This software, called ParScore, manages student records, analyzes test outcomes and creates reports in a matter of a few minutes. This frees faculty to review the results and make decisions and changes based on the results. It facilitates classroom assessment and makes it easier to collect and analyze data. .
How does it work?
1. You may use your current assessment instrument, just as you do now. This may be multiple choice, true /false, essay, project, etc. Students use a special ParSystem Scantron form to mark the answers or scores.
2. The forms are run on one of our three ParSystem scanners located in the Library (L110), The Business and Career Technical Education Office (U83), and the Science Building (SC116).
3. Your statistical information will be immediately available. You will select the types of reports you want and print them at the scanner locations or your own office.
4. Some helpful reports provide:
· An item analysis of the effectiveness of each of your test questions done for you
· A score distribution that analyzes how students' scores are distributed for your test
· A report identifying student score distribution and the number of students who achieve the
· An analysis of each individual SLO with the number of students and the percent of the class
who achieved each SLO or PSLO separately.
This system gives you immediate feedback on how you are meeting your course and program objectives that can be shared and discussed in departments to improve teaching and learning.
If you would like to be part of our spring pilot, contact Kay Powell (email@example.com, 714-628-4832) to customize your assessment efforts. It’s the end of the cross-hatch.
RETURN TO PAGE 1 NEXT >>