Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC counseling department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Assessment and interpretation for placement in English, Reading, and Math
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal abbreviated and comprehensive student education plans
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Spring 2016 Counseling Office Hours:
Monday : 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday : 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday : 8:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday : 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday : 8:00am - 12:00pm
Please Note: The Counseling Office will be CLOSED on the following Fridays: 04/22, 04/29, 05/06, 05/13 and 05/20.
"First Come, First Serve" Counseling: Monday through Friday, students will be seen on a "First Come, First Serve" basis. Scheduled appointments available by request. Please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center in D-106 for more information.
- Counselors will be available to assist students with general questions, prerequisite clearances, overload petitions, and abbreviated or comprehensive student education plans as needed. Students will be seen in order - First Come, First Serve. Wait times will vary, and we will make every effort to see that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner.
SPRING 2016 "First Come, First Serve" Counseling hours are as follows:
Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
ATTENTION Veterans and Financial Aid Appeals Students
in need of a Counselor Program Approval (CPA): Your circumstance
requires a 45-minute appointment. Please identify your request when
calling the Counseling Office at (714) 628-4800.
To request a counseling appointment, call (714)
628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center, Room D-106. Your Student
ID Number is required to schedule an appointment.