This course is for students enrolled in English N50, 101, 103 or any literature course at SCC. The Writing Center is staffed by English professors who will assist you with your writing assignments.No appointment is necessary. We are a walk-in facility during the OPEN sessions.
Requires 5 hours of attendance (250 minutes) in the center throughout the semester and the completion of 20 yellow practice worksheets.
- use the computers for research and computer-assisted instruction with grammar software
- listen to mini-lectures on grammar and punctuation
- conference one-on-one with the Writing Center professor about English essays or assignments
- expect WC professors to edit or proofread their work
- use the computers to check email or visit websites not related to their English work
- consider the Writing Center as a study hall for classes other than their English class
- complete all five hours during the final week of instruction
SPRING 2012 Hours
Instructor: Mary Matuzak
Instructor: Lisa Dela Cusack
Instructor: Maureen Roe
Thursdays (No hours)
Fridays (No hours)
This course is available for any SCC student who is not enrolled in an English course but needs help writing essays for other classes, such as history, anthropology, political science, human development, or philosophy.
Requires 5 hours of attendance (250 minutes) in the center throughout the semester and the completion of a packet of homework exercises.