Welcome to the Pathways to Teaching Program at Santiago Canyon College. We offer a myriad of services to students who wish to pursue a career in teaching. Click on any of the buttons located to the left of the screen to learn more about our program and the services provided.
Support Services Offered:
- Teaching-specific academic advising
- Transfer information and assistance
- Teaching-specific articulation sheets for several area university programs
- Appointments with teaching-specific university representatives
- Teaching workshops and events including regional conferences
- Volunteer opportunities in the classroom and/or community fieldwork experience through SCC's Education 200 & 210 courses, and the Career Services Center.
- Teachers for Tomorrow Club, a chapter of the Student California Teachers Association
- Up-to-date resources and information on state standards for teacher preparation
- Career resources specific to careers in K-12 teaching
- Regular email updates to PTTP students
- Pathways to Teaching web site
The Pathways to Teaching Program (PTTP) at Santiago Canyon College is designed to promote education to high school and community college students interested in teaching. The program is dedicated to motivating SCC students to successfully transfer to a university in preparation of obtaining a teaching credential.
A variety of services and opportunities are provided by the program, including academic counseling, appointments with university representatives, teacher workshops, outreach activities, courses geared to towards the teaching field, fieldwork experience, transfer programs, and the Teachers For Tomorrow Club. Through fostering educational partnerships at the K-12 and university level, the PTTP is able to provide a program that encourages and supports students in their pursuit of teaching as a career.
Pathways to Teaching Office:
Phone: (714) 628-4934
Location: Room D-104-S-C