Sign In

Veterans Service Office Forms

Links to VSO Forms





Purple Certification Request Form

Submitted to the Santiago Canyon College VA Office every term for certification.​



Steps to Get Started



A quick checklist on how to start the process of your VA educational benefits at SCC.​


Form 22-1990

Submitted through Vonapp

Initial Application for Veterans & Reservists.

Form 22-1990e (is the Application for approved Transfer of Entitlements), see form #7 below.


Form 22-1995

Submitted through Vonapp

Application for Change of Program or Place of Training for Veterans & Reservists.

This application is used when transferring to or from Santiago Canyon College.​


Form 22-5490

Submitted through Vonapp

Initial Application for VA benefits for Veteran Dependents and/or Spouse, using Chapter 35 benefits.​


Form 22-5495

Submitted through Vonapp

Application for Change of Program or Place of Training for Veteran Dependents and/or Spouse.​ This application is used when transferring to or from Santiago Canyon College.​


Form 22-1990e

Submitted through Vonapp

Upon approval of Transferability of Education Benefits, family members may apply to use transferred benefits with VA by completing this form. VA Form 22-1990e should only be completed and submitted to VA by the family member after DOD has approved the request for TEB. Do not use VA Form 22-1990e to apply for TEB.​


Transferability of Education Benefits

Apply for TEB on this link. This is for those who plan on Transferring their Post 9/11 benefits over to their dependents. The DOD determines eligibility for TEB, not the VA. Please check eligibility before proceeding.


Parent Letter

For students requesting certification for payment at another institution while concurrently attending SCC as the parent school. Bring this form to your SCC counselor along with a copy of your most current educational plan (for the counselor's reference). Return the form to the VSO to be submitted to the secondary school/s to be certified as a guest school.


Priority Registration Request Form

Priority registration is available for active members of the Armed Forces of the United States or former members who have been discharged within the last 15 years of the day before classes begin.

Contact the VSO for details.


CA Board of Governor's Fee Waiver

$46/per unit fee may be waived for eligible California residents who meet the income criteria per household.​ If you aren't eligible based on this simple form, please fill out the FAFSA application. It has a higher income ceiling which could make you be eligible.


Dependent College Fee Waiver

Submitted to your local County Veterans Service Office (Dependent College Fee Waiver) Submit the letter of approval to the Certifying Official at SCC for processing.



Free Application for Federal Student Aid

SCC's School code is: 036957​.

Submitted online, but follow up with the Financial Aid Office for processing.

You may check with SCC's Certifying Official for the status 2 weeks after submission.


General Information

VA Educational Benefit Recipients must have this in file as reference when using and utilizing their education benefits at SCC.



VSO Add Drop Form


If you're going to drop or add a class on your educational plan, fill this form out and turn it in to the VSO.


Form DD-214

Submit a request online or download form SF-180 to mail for a copy of your DD214


Educational Plans

Obtained from the SCC Counseling Office. Call for an appointment: 1 (714) 628-4800
Educational plans are required to be in the VSO file when using education benefits at SCC