Career Center (Services are Currently not available)
Services / Advisement provided in:
- Career exploration, planning, and assessment
- Vocational program and training information
- Job related services: resume, interview techniques, job opportunities
- Assistance to transition to Santiago Canyon College (SCC)
- College and Career related workshops and presentations
The Student Services, Student Outreach and Career Services can be reached at 714-628-5942.
For more information regarding the aforementioned services, please call
Child Development Center
For more information, please call (714) 628-5925
or the SCC College Campus Development Center
(714) 628-4890 (SCC).
Counselors are available to provide academic, career, and personal counseling in a confidential office setting.
Students seek counseling for many reasons. These include academic planning for credit and non-credit, obtaining information about employment and job skills; personal and family counseling; examining aptitudes and interests; finding new careers and vocational directions, orientation to California’s educational systems, and learning to cope with cultural differences and life in a new country.
Students will be advised on how to create an educational plan to facilitate achievement of their educational, career, and personal goals. Counseling services
are available to all students on a walk-in and appointment basis. For more information, please call (714) 628-5929. Our fax number is 714-639-2172
Disabled Students Program & Services (DSPS)
- Priority registration
- Registration assistance
- Academic advisement
- Learning disabilities assessment
- Test-taking accommodations
- Specialized instructional support
- Assistive technology
- Alternate media materials
- Note-taking assistance
- Interpreter services
- Liaison with faculty, staff, community agencies
Students are responsible for requesting DSPS services and for providing appropriate disability verification from a qualified professional. To apply for services, students must meet with a DSPS professional to complete a program application and have their needs evaluated.
For additional information, or to register with DSPS, contact:
DSPS Office, Room E-105
Santiago Canyon College
(714) 628-4860 (voice)
(714) 639-9742 (TTY)
Counseling Office, Room S-105
Division of Continuing Education
Assists with student recruitment and retention, coordination of matriculation, coordination with instructors, counseling and SCC Student Services to bring in community speakers on a variety of topics and to provide workshops relevant to students’ interests and needs.
Outreach staff support programs offered at the Division of Continuing Education,
El Modena High School (EMHS), El Modena Community Center (EMCC), Friendly Center, and UCI Medical Center.
Student Services/Outreach sponsors Job Fairs and a yearly Health and Resource Fair.
This program is designed to bridge the transition from the Division of Continuing Education to college courses at Santiago Canyon College and other colleges. Many students are the first in their family to attend college and may not be familiar with the process. This will also prepare and inform students about financing their college tuition and expenses. Counselors are available to assist students with:
Transitioning from non credit courses to credit courses
- Transitioning to Santiago Canyon College (SCC)
- Financial aid information and application
- Scholarship information and application
- Priority registration for Santiago Canyon College
- Help with registration and on-line registration
- College placement testing
- College and Career counseling
- SCC Tours
Division of Continuing Education
(714) 628-5933 or (714) 628-5943
Student Life & Leadership