Study Rooms Policy
The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Library is committed to providing an environment that is conducive to study as well as welcoming to all users. The library offers a wide range of services, materials, and information sources. To this end, we have developed this policy regarding the use of the group study rooms.
The study rooms provide a space for SCC students to study in groups and/or work on collaborative academic projects. Study room users are subject to all other Library and College policies and rules.
- SCC students (individual or group) have priority in using the study rooms.
- The study rooms can be reserved on http://sccollege.libcal.com/booking/studyrooms
- Maximum occupancy limits are in effect and posted in each study room.
- Users must be present in the room while using it.
Personal belongings may not be left unattended in the study room.
- The library staff reserves the right to remove unattended belongings from the study rooms.
- Belongings may be claimed at the Circulation Desk or Campus Security.
- The library is not responsible for personal belongings.
Study rooms are not soundproof; users need to maintain a study/work environment that does not disturb others in the Library.
Enforcement of Study Room Rules
We strongly prefer that our users police themselves and abide by this policy which has been designed to balance the needs of the Library with the convenience of our patrons. However, if a Library staff members does observe an infraction, that staff member will inform the offending party of this policy and ask that they desist, re-locate or leave the building. Users who fail to adhere to this policy after being notified by a Library staff member will be reported to Campus Safety & Security.
Rev. 5/2012; Effective 6/18/2012