The Santiago Canyon College Library is designed as a learning environment for reading, studying and using library resources by the College's students, faculty and staff. Community users may also use the Library as detailed in the Community Users and High School Students Policies and Procedures.
All library users are expected to adhere to the Standards of Student Conduct (BP 5201) issued by the Board of Trustees of the Rancho Santiago Community College District, and the Library Rules of Conduct listed below; and are expected to meet a standard of conduct that ensures a safe learning environment for all who seek information and a quiet place to study.
Rules of Conduct:
- No eating or food in the library.
- Beverages in a container with a lid are allowed.
- No smoking, tobacco use or e-Cigarettes.
- Cell phones must be on silent or vibrate mode. No cell phone conversations in Library open areas.
- No use of electronic equipment that disturbs other library users.
- Children under the age of 13 need to be under the supervision of an adult 18 years or older.
- No animals except service animals.
- No weapons.
- No disorderly conduct or conduct which threatens the health, safety and well-being of others.
- No unauthorized entry into staff offices or work rooms.
- No theft, mutilation or damage of Library property.
- No unauthorized possession or use of library material or equipment.
- No being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No gambling.
- No solicitation by non-College/District sanctioned organizations or individuals.
We strongly prefer that our users police themselves and abide by this policy, which has been designed to balance the needs of the Library with the convenience of our patrons. However, if a Library staff member does observe an infraction, that staff member will inform the offending party of this policy and ask that they desist, relocate or leave the building. Users who refuse to adhere to this policy after being notified by a Library staff member will be reported to Campus Safety & Security.
Sp'16 Revision (5/17/16)