The Santiago Canyon College Library is designed as a learning environment for reading, studying and using library materials.
To borrow materials, currently enrolled SCC students must present a current picture identification card. Community card holders must present their Santiago Canyon College Library Community Card and a picture ID.
All library users are expected to adhere to the Standards of Student Conduct issued by the Board of Trustees of the Rancho Santiago Community College District (copy available at the Information Desk), and are expected to meet a standard of conduct that ensures a safe learning environment for all who seek information and a quiet place to study.
Further rules of the Library:
- No eating.
- Drinks are permitted if in a container with a lid.
- No smoking.
- Cell phones must be on silent or vibrate mode. No cell phone use in Library open areas.
- No use of electronic equipment that disturbs other Library users.
- No unattended children.
- No animals except service animals.
- No weapons.
- No disorderly conduct or conduct which threatens the health and safety of others.
- No unauthorized entry into staff offices or work rooms.
- No theft, mutilation or damage of Library property.
- No unauthorized possession or use of library material or equipment.
- No being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No gambling.
- No solicitation
Enforcement of Rules of the LIBRARY
We strongly prefer that our users police themselves and abide by this policy, which has been designed to balance the needs of the Library with the convenience of our patrons. However, if a Library staff member does observe an infraction, that staff member will inform the offending party of this policy and ask that they desist, relocate or leave the building. Users who refuse to adhere to this policy after being notified by a Library staff member will be reported to Campus Safety & Security.