Emergencies strike without warning and Santiago Canyon College (SCC) and district officials want you to receive important campus emergency and crisis information immediately.
SCC has adopted AlertU, an emergency text messaging platform, to help communicate critical information to students, faculty, staff, and interested individual's mobile devices instantly. This web-based tool allows SCC to speed emergency notifications to your mobile device anywhere.
Subscribing to AlertU is quick and easy. Follow the few easy steps to subscribe today.
There are three ways to sign up to receive AlertU emergency messages:
1. Enter your 10-digit mobile phone number in the widget to the right and click on the Subscribe button. -- OR --
2. Text SCC to 253788 (ALERTU). When you receive the confirmation text message from AlertU, just reply to the message by typing "Y" and you'll be enrolled to receive emergency messages from SCC.-- OR --
3. Go to http://alertu.org/scc, enter your mobile phone number, and click on the Submit button.
· Neither AlertU nor SCC will spam or give your information to a third party.
· Your standard text message rates apply for this opt-in program.
For more information, please visit the AlertU Frequently Asked Questions page or contact Al Chin, District Director of Safety and Security, firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 480-7333.