Who is a New Student?
Students who are unsure whether they should complete the matriculation program should contact the Counseling Office (714) 628-4800.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
STEP 1 – APPLY FOR ADMISSION ONLINE
· All new students must apply online for admission. Computers are available in the Admissions & Records Lobby (Building E). Please check Admissions & Records operating hours.
STEP 2 – PLACEMENT TESTING
· New students may need to take/retake the placement tests if:
Ø Previous test scores have expired/are no longer valid. Math test scores are valid for one year. English test scores are valid for two years. You may check with the Counseling Office to see if your test scores are still valid.
Ø You have not successfully completed a college-level English and/or Math course.
· Click here to schedule a Placement Test www.sccollege.edu/testing .
· If you have successfully completed a college-level English and/or Math course at another college, you may submit an official copy of your transcript to a counselor for prerequisite clearance. For more information on Course Prerequisite Clearance, click here http://www.sccollege.edu/Departments/testing/Pages/CoursePrerequisiteClearance.aspx
· Placement testing and/or prerequisite clearance must take place prior to your registration date or you will be blocked from registering.
i Counseling Office is located in D-106 – 714-628-4800
STEP 3 – REGISTER FOR CLASSES ONLINE
- The last step is to register online for classes. Computers are available in the Admissions & Records Lobby. Please check Admissions & Records operating hours.
- Registration at Santiago Canyon College is conducted on an appointment basis. Appointments are based on a first-come, first-served basis as determined by the date of application (new and returning students).
- View your online registration date through Online Records/WebAdvisor.
- You can register online anytime on or after your date until the Saturday prior to the start of the semester/session.
- Refer to the Student WebAdvisor Help Manual for instructions on how to register for your classes.
TRANSFERRING STUDENT – Information for new students from other colleges
If you have attended another college, especially another community college, you must:
- Bring a copy of your official transcript to the Counseling Office and meet with a counselor. If you completed a prerequisite outside of Santiago Canyon College or Santa Ana College, you may be restricted from registration. See a counselor for a course waiver.
- Bring any official copies of placement test results in English, Math, and/or Reading to the Counseling Office to determine whether it is advisable to complete additional placement testing. Placement test information from other colleges must include: your name, name of the test(s), the raw score(s), and test date(s). Test scores for English are valid for two years. Test scores for Math are valid for one year.