Who is a Returning Student?
Returning students are those who have previously attended Santiago Canyon College and/or Santa Ana College but have missed one (1) or more primary semester(s) (Fall or Spring). You are considered a returning student regardless of whether you skipped one semester or several years. When returning students miss one semester, they must reapply online. Computers are available in the Admissions & Records Lobby. Please check Admissions & Records operating hours.
To successfully return to our college as a returning student, follow these steps:
STEP 1 – APPLY FOR ADMISSION oNLINE
· All returning students must reapply online for admission.
STEP 2 – PLACEMENT TESTING
· Returning students may need to take/retake the placement tests if:
Ø Previous test scores have expired/are no longer valid. Math test scores are valid for one year. English test scores are valid for two years. You may check with our Counseling Office to see if your test scores are still valid.
Ø You have not successfully completed a college-level English and/or Math course.
· Click here to schedule a Placement Test www.sccollege.edu/testing .
· If you have successfully completed a college-level English and/or Math course at another college, you may submit an official copy of your transcript to a counselor for prerequisite clearance. For more information on Course Prerequisite Clearance, click here http://www.sccollege.edu/Departments/testing/Pages/CoursePrerequisiteClearance.aspx
· Placement testing and/or prerequisite clearance must take place prior to your registration date or you will be blocked from registering.
i Counseling Office is located in D-106 – 714-628-4800
i Placement Testing Center is located in E-302 – 714-628-4985
STEP 3 – REGISTER FOR CLASSES oNLINE