High School Transition Information Sheet
Make a smooth transition from high school to college by enrolling with Disabled Students Programs and Services. We offer students a broad range of special services designed to support academic success. Through DSPS, high school students with accommodation needs can complete placement testing, receive assistance with class scheduling and arrange for support services.
DSPS transition activities are designed to prepare high school students for early registration in June. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this special opportunity to get your college career off to a great start!
To apply for DSPS services, follow the steps in the checklist below.
Complete the following:
1. _____ Create an e-mail account if you do not have one. For example, go to:
2. _____ Submit a Santiago Canyon College application for fall 2015. Apply online at
CCCApply. Login:___________ Password: ____________
Provide disability documentation to DSPS (via e-mail, fax, mail or hand deliver).
3. _____ Most recent Psycho-Educational Assessment Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores. Provide WJ-III Compuscore print-out.
4. _____ Last IEP or 504 plan
5. _____ Unofficial high school transcript
Make an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor.
6. _____ After you have turned in your documentation, you (the student) must call to and schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments will be discussed.
Complete placement testing. Placement Test Sample Questions
Complete a college orientation in order to be cleared for Early Welcome registration.
Meet with your DSPS instructor to plan your fall 2015 class schedule.
Complete online registration in June for fall 2015.
DON'T DELAY GETTING STARTED ON YOUR TRANSITION TO COLLEGE!