High School Transition Information Sheet
Make a smooth transition from high school to college with DSPS support. Through DSPS, high school students with accommodation
needs can complete placement testing, receive assistance with class scheduling,
arrange for support services and participate in New Student Orientation and priority
registration. Be sure to take advantage
of DSPS transition activities to get your college career off to a great start!
Complete a college application1. _____Create an e-mail account if
you do not have one. For example, go to:
www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com
2. _____ Submit a Santiago Canyon College application for fall 2016.
Apply online at CCCApply.
disability documentation to DSPS (via e-mail, fax, or hand deliver).3. _____ Most recent
Psycho-Educational Assessment Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores. Provide WJ-III
4. _____ Last IEP or 504 plan
5. _____ Unofficial high school transcript
appointments with DSPS
6. _____ After you have turned in your documentation, you (the student) must call to schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments will be discussed.
7. _____ Complete placement testing with accommodations.
8. _____ Meet with your DSPS instructor to plan your fall 2016 schedule.
Attend Orientation and Register for fall classes
9. _____ Attend orientation and complete online registration for fall 2016. Be prepared to pay your fees within 3 days of registration.