High School Transition Information Sheet
Make a smooth transition from high school to college by participating
in the DSPS Early Welcome Program. Through DSPS, high school students with accommodation
needs can complete placement testing, receive assistance with class scheduling,
arrange for support services and participate in New Student Orientation and priority
registration. Be sure to take advantage
of DSPS Early Welcome to get your college career off to a great start!
Complete a college application1. _____Create an e-mail account if
you do not have one. For example, go to:
www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com
2. _____ Submit a Santiago Canyon College application for spring 2016* and fall 2016.
Apply online at CCCApply.
* A spring application is needed because students
participating in DSPS Early Welcome enroll in Special Services N98, Transition
to College. There are no fees for the class and the only attendance required is
the individual appointments you have to complete transition activities. On the spring
application under the Education tab, select “enrolling in high
school and college at the same time.”3. _____ Complete a CAP Form. The CAP form is needed to enroll you in Special Services N98, Transition to
College. The CAP form must be signed by you, a parent and your school
disability documentation to DSPS (via e-mail, fax, or hand deliver).4. _____ Most recent
Psycho-Educational Assessment Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores. Provide WJ-III
5. _____ Last IEP or 504 plan
6. _____ Unofficial high school transcript
appointments with DSPS
7. _____ After you have turned in your documentation, you (the student) must call to schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments will be discussed.
8. _____ Complete placement testing with accommodations.
9. _____ Meet with your DSPS instructor to plan your fall 2016 schedule.
Attend Orientation and Register for fall classes
10. _____ Attend orientation and complete online registration starting April for fall 2016. Be prepared to pay your fees within 3 days of registration.
CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN EARLY WELCOME.