TRANSITION INFORMATION SHEET
Please check back in January 2015 for updated information.
Make a smooth
transition from high school to college by enrolling with Disabled Students
Programs and Services. We offer students a broad range of special services
designed to support academic success. Through DSPS, high school students with accommodation
needs can complete placement testing, receive assistance with class scheduling
and arrange for support services.
activities are designed to prepare high school students for early registration
in May. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this special opportunity
to get your college career off to a great start!
To apply for DSPS
services, follow the steps in the checklist below. Additional information is
available on our website at: www.sccollege.edu/transition
1. _____ Create an e-mail account if you do not
have one. For example, go to: www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com.
Submit a Santiago Canyon College
application for Spring 2014 and Fall 2014
Apply online at OpenCCC
. Login:___________ Password: ______________
disability documentation to DSPS (via e-mail, fax, mail or hand deliver).
3. _____ Most recent Psycho-Educational Assessment
Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores.
4. _____ Last IEP or 504 plan
5. _____ Unofficial
high school transcript
an appointment & meet with your DSPS Instructor.
6. _____ After you have turned in your
documentation, you (the student) must call to and schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated, and future appointments will be discussed.
7. _____ Complete placement testing.
8. _____ Complete a college orientation in order to be cleared for Early Welcome registration.
9. _____ Meet with your DSPS Instructor to plan your Fall 2014 class schedule
10. _____ Complete online registration in May for Fall 2014.