What is CARE?
The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is a program offered through EOP&S at California community colleges. CARE was established by state law in 1982. CARE’s primary goal is to provide single parents receiving public assistance (AFDC/TANF, or CalWorks) additional support and services while attending college to foster economic self-sufficiency and reduce welfare dependency.
To be eligible for CARE:
- You must quality for EOPS
- Register in 12 units at Santiago Canyon College
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be head of household
- You or your child must receive Cash Aid assistance (CalWorks/TANF)
- Have a dependent child under 14
- You must be a resident of California for over a year
- Apply for Financial Aid
- CARE Counseling
- CARE Grants
- Child Care Services
- CARE Book Services
- Referral Services
- School Supplies
- Transportation Services
How to apply:
You must qualify for EOPS and meet the eligibility for CARE before you apply. Click here to print the EOPS/CARE Application. Fill out the application, sign and date and bring it to the EOPS/CARE Office in E-108. Applications are also available in the EOPS/CARE office.