INSTRUCTIONS TO REPORT A LOST OR STOLEN CHECK
Grant checks are mailed to students on the scheduled disbursement date, to the address on file with Admissions and Records. If you have not received a check that was mailed to you, read the following directions.
- A LOST CHECK CANNOT BE REPORTED UNTIL 10 WORKING DAYS AFTER THE CHECK DISBURSEMENT DATE HAS ELAPSED. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. The County Department of Education requires a 10 days waiting period. It will take them at least 5 days to make sure the check has not been cashed. If the check has not been cashed, a stop payment will be placed on the check and it will take an additional 10 working days to order a duplicate check.
- A STOLEN CHECK CAN BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY without waiting the 10 days and a stop payment will be placed on the check.
- IF THE CHECK HAS BEEN CASHED, a copy of the check showing the signature and account number will be sent to the student. If the signature is fraudulent, a Bank Affidavit will need to be completed by the student in order for a fraud investigation to begin. If the check has been cashed fraudulently, the student will be issued a replacement check.
CONTACT LISA MILLER IN THE ACCOUNTING OFFICE:
Rancho Santiago Community College District Office
Accounting Office – 4th floor
2323 W. Broadway, Santa Ana, CA 92706
Provide the following information:
- Student name and Social Security number
- Student telephone number, cell phone number and e-mail address
- Student current address
- Date the check was issued (Disbursement Date)
Directions from Santiago Canyon College to the District Accounting Office:
- Chapman Avenue West
- 55 Freeway South to 22 Freeway West
- Exit Main Street, turn left on Main Street
- Turn right at Santa Clara
- Turn right into the first driveway. The District Office is the first building in the parking lot