Creating an Announcement list
- Select All Site Content from Site Actions menu
- In All Site Content, click on Create
- Click on Announcements link under Communications column
- Enter the announcement name and description and click Create
The new Announcement appears under Lists in All site Content
- Click on the new announcement name to open the new announcement list
To create a new announcement item,
- Select New Item from New menu
- Enter announcement title, announcement message and set the expiration date
For the announcement item to be removed from the view once the expired date is passed, you will have to add a filter to the view detailing this.
Adding a filter:
- Open the announcement page
- Select “Modify this View” from the View: All Items dropdown on the top right corner of the list
- In the Edit View page, scroll down to Filter
- Add a filter to show the announcement item when the date is greater than or equal to Today
Editing an announcement item:
- In the announcement page, click on the announcement item and select Edit Item from the dropdown.
- You can now view, edit, set expiration date or delete it
Creating an email alert for an announcement item
An announcement list may have several announcement items.
To create an email alert for one specific announcement item (not the whole announcement list),
- Select Alert Me from the dropdown menu of this specific item
- In the New Alert page, enter recipients’ email addresses to “Sent Alerts to” field
Note: the alert title shows the announcement item name (Web Publishing Wiki)
Creating an email alert for the whole announcement list
- Select Alert Me under Actions menu
- In the New Alert page, enter recipients’ email addresses to “Sent Alerts to” field.
Note: the alert title shows the announcement list name (Anh’s Announcement)
Home | Lists and Libraries