Sign In

Transfer Credit

Santiago Canyon College grants credit for coursework completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education. Official transcripts are required and must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office. Official transcripts submitted for evaluation must be printed/dated within the last 6 months. Any coursework marked as "in-progress" will need to have additional transcripts submitted once grades have been posted.

Transfer coursework may be used to meet a major requirement by approval. To seek approval, a Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement must be submitted along with supporting documentation. Petition can be obtained in the Admissions and Records Office or online.

Transfer coursework may also be used to meet CSU or IGETC Certification. If coursework was completed at an institution outside of the California Community College system, it must be approved through the course Pass Along process.

​Transfer coursework may also be used to meet SCC General Education. Course must be listed in the college catalog, in the same academic year for which the course was taken, at the transfer institution. Upper-division courses may be used as long as it meets the lower-division requirements; however, a student is strongly encouraged to meet with a SCC counselor to discuss unintended consequences.