The Santiago Canyon College Budget Committee meets third Tuesday of each month, 3:30-4:30 p.m., in B-212.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 SCC Room B-212
SCC Budget Committee Agendas and Minutes
RSCCD Fiscal Resources Committee (FRC) Website
Steven Deeley - Co-Chair/SCC Faculty
Arleen Satele - Co-Chair/VP Administrative Services
Eden Quimzon - OEC Faculty
Jose Vargas - VP Continuing Education
Rosie Gonzalez - SCC EOPS
Isabel Garcia - OEC Student Services
Mariam Azizi - Student/ASG Representative
The mission of the SCC Budget Committee is to provide fiscal analysis of college planning and advocate greater efficiency and effectiveness of budget resources. The Budget Committee facilitates communication about budgetary matters between the District and college constituents.
- Monitors long range fiscal plans to determine if college and district long-term priorities are
- Regularly reviews college revenues and expenditures and communicates concerns to
constituent groups and proposes adjustments to budgets as requested.
- Monitors the budget development process and the on-going implementation of the annual
- Reviews the district and college budget allocation models and recommends changes if
- Ensures the exchange of information between the Budget Committee and groups such as
Associated Student Government, classified staff, the District Fiscal Resources
Committee, the Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Committee, the Academic Senate,
and College Council.
- As needed, reviews grant funding requests, and/or additional funding requests.
One faculty and one administrator will serve as co-chairs.
2 Faculty members (one from Cont. Ed., one from SCC)
2 Classified members (one from Cont. Ed. -appointed by CSEA, one from SCC)
2 Vice Presidents or designee (Administrative Services and Continuing Ed)