Sign In

Articulation/Transfer Information


What is an articulation agreement?

Articulation agreements are written, published agreement that identify courses that are comparable to, or can be used in lieu of, courses at transfer institutions. Articulation agreements are developed on a course-to-course basis, for general education, for lower-division major preparation, and for courses that may transfer as an elective. SCC develops and maintains articulation agreements with the University of California (UC), the California State University (CSU) and many private/independent universities.

How do I know if a course transfers?

All courses at Santiago Canyon College numbered 100 and above transfer to any California State University campus at least for elective credit, and may possibly be used for general education or lower-division major preparation, if it is articulated for that area.  All courses that transfer to the University of California (UC), for elective credit, and that may also transfer for general education or major preparation, can be found by clicking on the University of California T​transfer Course Agreement​ ​Up ​or at www.ass​​​

Where can I find articulation

Santiago Canyon College articulation agreements with the California State University and University of California can be found at ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.


Where can I find major and general education requirements?

Students can find articulated lower-division major preparation information for CSU and UC campuses at the website. Students will also need to complete Transfer Admission and General Education requirements for the university they plan to attend. Courses that can be used to satisfy CSU general education requirements are listed on Plan B/CSU GE​​​​​ ​Courses that can be used to satisfy UC and CSU general education requirements are listed on Plan C/IGETC​​​​​.​  Students are highly encouraged to make an appointment with a Santiago Canyon College counselor for assistance in developing an appropriate transfer path.


What about private universities?

Santiago Canyon College also has articulation agreements with several private/independent universities within and outside of California.  For more information please click on Private/Independent Universities.