How Does Online Counseling Work?
If you are unable to attend an in-person appointment with a counselor, our online counseling services will give you the opportunity to have all of your counseling needs met in an online format.
Cranium Cafe is our online counseling platform that will allow you to chat, video-chat, audio-chat, share your screen, and download/share documents during your online counseling session.
Online Counseling Services Available
- Online Counseling Services are being offered through the Live-Chat Lobby. Students will be served in the Live-Chat Lobby on a first come, first serve basis. Live-Chat Services are designed to address each student's most immediate needs in a quick and efficient manner. Live-Chat sessions with a counselor can last up to 15 minutes max. **Due to increased demand, Live-Chat wait times will be longer than typical*
- Online Counseling Appointments are currently only being offered to students who have outside transcripts from another college/university that need to evaluated in order to select classes for the upcoming term. All other students are being served in our Live Chat Lobby. If you have transcripts from another college/university (outside of SCC and SAC) that need to be evaluated before class selection can take place, please contact the Counseling Department at (714) 628-4800 or email Counseling@sccollege.edu.
Before your Online Counseling Session:
- Be prepared to provide your Student ID# to your counselor (Example: 2222222)
- Make sure you have a compatible device such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, or Android device.
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Either Chrome or Firefox internet browsers are required for video chat appointments.
- For Apple iPhone or iPad users, in order conduct video chat appointments, you must download the ConexED app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450
TO LIVE-CHAT WITH A COUNSELOR, CLICK HERE: