The First Year Support Center is offering a Student Success Certificate to help ease the transition into college by providing college skill sets and creating awareness of programs and services offered at SCC. The certificate program offers a set of workshops designed to address important academic information and introduce campus resources at critical points throughout your first year of college.
To receive a Student Success Certificate of Completion students must:
- Attend 6 or more Student Success workshops (attend a minimum of one workshop per category, see below)
- Complete a Comprehensive Student Education Plan
- Visit FYSC twice per semester
Student Success Workshops
Students will be able to attend a workshop of their choice from the options below.
Category I: Academics
- Time Management
- Maximizing your Study Skills
- Transfer 101
- Natural Ways of Learning
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (T.A.G)
Category II: Life Skills
- FAFSA/CA Dream Act Application Workshop
- Resume Writing
- Stress Management
Category III: Involvement/Integration
- FYSC Mixer
- FYSC Movie Night
- Student Government & Clubs 101
- University Tour
If you are interested in the program, we will have an Orientation on Saturday, August 26 at 9-11a.m.
To register for the orientation, RSVP at https://goo.gl/forms/aEu23PdtTlMqWBDr2
For more information, please visit the center at E-307 or call 714-628-5085.