The Writing Center Is Now Online and In-Person!
The Writing Center is designed to assist students in their study, practice, and communication of English. The Writing Center exists to promote student success, particularly in skills fundamental to effective communication in all disciplines, so we welcome all SCC students, not only those enrolled in English classes but also students taking any course in which writing assignments are required. English Department professors as well as our Writing Center Instructional Assistant, Donna Collins, staff the center in order to best serve students' needs.
What the Writing Center offers
- Mini-lectures and workshops on grammar and punctuation
- One-on-one conferencing with English professors
- Guidance about the writing process, from early planning stages to final polishing ones
- Assistance with various writing assignments, including essays, resumes, and college applications and personal statements
- Directed Learning Activities worksheets
- Internet access for research
|What the Writing Center does not offer|
- Editing sessions
- Proofreading services
- Computer use for emails
- Computer use for typing non-academic materials