Tutoring helps you, as a student, excel academically. Tutoring is a free service for all SCC students and is offered for most subjects. Due to COVID-19, tutoring is now available online via Zoom/Cranium Cafe. You can schedule a one-on-one or a small group session. We are committed to assisting students develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in their coursework and in their academic, professional, and personal pursuits.
Monday: 9:30 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Thursday: 9:30 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.
Email:email@example.com or schedule an appointment through ConexED.
How can you meet with a tutor?
There are several ways to make an appointment with a tutor:
- Make an appointment through Cranium Cafe (Best Option)
- Email Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you email to request an appointment, be sure to include the following information:
- Your name and SCC student ID number
- A couple of choices for the days and times when you would like an appointment
- The name of the class for which you need tutoring (Math N60, POLT 101, etc.)
- A phone number where we can call you to confirm your appointment
You will gain a better understanding of the material from tutors who have mastered the coursework
You will be able to review key concepts from courses
You will be able to ask the questions you did not ask in class
You will be better prepared to participate in class
You will learn new methods for note taking and textbook reading
You will be able to formulate questions to take back to professors about course material
You will learn new study strategies
Please email questions about tutoring services to: Connaker_William@sccollege.edu