Thinking of majoring in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics-related field but concerned about the cost? Looking for an undergraduate research opportunity, or an enrichment/internship program? Take advantage of the many different opportunities offered to STEM students at SCC!
FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
SCC has a dedicated Financial Aid office in room E-104, with staff who are committed to promoting student financial access. Federal and State grants, work-study programs, and student loans options make funding your STEM education a reality. For more information, visit the SCC Financial Aid website by clicking here.
Students at SCC also have access to a multitude of scholarships to help pay for education expenses. Our Scholarship Office is located with Financial Aid in E-104.
Here are a few of the many additional scholarships that may be available to students at SCC:
- SCC's STEM Academy:
Southern California Edison STEM Scholarship opportunity can be found in the current SCC Scholarship Application System online!
- SCC's Scholarship Page: with several resources for students seeking STEM and general scholarshop opportunities - click here.
General Scholarship Search Engines:
- College Board's scholarship search page - click here.
- FastWeb's scholarship search page - click here.
- Scholarship America search page - click here.
- U.S. Department of Labor sponsored scholarship search engine - click here.
Student Research and Enrichment Programs
Students at SCC may be interested in participating in one of the several STEM-related Research and Enrichment Programs at local universities, as well as public and private industry partners, including:
- UC Undergraduate Research Opportunities - click here.
- CSU Undergraduate Research Opportunities - click here.
- NASA Internships: A list of several NASA internship sites across the country - click here.
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratories (JPL): Summer research, enrichment, and internship programs at JPL, located in Pasadena, CA - click here.
- Various research opportunities provided by the National Science Foundation - click here.
- Association of American Medical Colleges Summer Enrichment Program database - click here.
Check back Soon - we will be adding additional information on STEM-related opportunities as they become available!