The Veterans Service Office (VSO) is here to help you transition from military life to student life. Knowledgeable staff can assist you with the application for VA Educational Benefits and the certification process. If you have any questions, please contact our office!
Additionally, the VSO provides:
In-House Academic Counseling
Veteran and dependent students can now see an academic counselor in the A-building! The veteran academic counselor works closely with our School Certifying Official to make sure the classes you take are certifiable to the VA for Educational Benefits. Contact the VSO to schedule an appointment with the veteran academic counselor!
VSO Textbook Library & Scientific Calculator Rentals
Veteran students can now check out scientific calculators and rent a textbook from the VSO for the semester or for a few hours just to study. There is a limited supply, so please visit the VSO for more information!
As always, the VSO will continue to provide:
• Priority Registration for eligible veterans
• Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Veteran orientations
• Scholarships and work-study program for eligible students
• Connection to campus and community resources
• Access to computers and printing
• Complimentary coffee, refreshments, and snacks
• Student study area and a space to hang out and meet other student veterans!
• Online forms and important updates at www.sccollege.edu/vso
Feel free to stop by our office to utilize any or all the resources we offer. We are here to help you achieve your educational goals!