CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
This certificate is designed to provide you with the knowledge to be part of a healthcare team under the supervision of a nurse. The curriculum is based on the professional standards established by regulatory agencies, and it covers essential topics included in the Nurse Assistant Certification Exam.
Due to California Department of Public Health regulation, a physical exam, CPR certification, and background check must be completed at the start of the program.
|Average Hourly Wage: $16.65|
Annual Job Openings in California in 2018: Over 4,170
|VMED 010 - Overview of Nursing Assistant Training Program (10 hrs)|
This two-day course is offered The Career and Workforce Preparation Center.
The first course session will be held January 18th & 20th.
VMED 011 - Certified Nursing Assistant Training (160 hrs)
Once accepted in the program, you can register for the above course.
TOTAL HOURS OF INSTRUCTION: 170 HOURS
- Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants 10th Edition - $70 dollars (Amazon price)
- Mosby's Workbook for Nursing Assistants 10th Edition - $40 dollars (Amazon price)
- Navy Blue Scrubs $32.50 each (prices may vary)
- Latex Gloves - $12
- CPR Book & CPR Card - $20
- CA State Exam for CNA License - $100
- TB Test - $10 (prices may vary)
- Physical Exam - $40 (prices may vary)
- Livescan Fingerprint - $50 (prices may vary)
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare Professionals - $45
- Be at least 18 years of age on first day of class
- Possess a State Issued ID or Driver’s License
- Possess a Social Security Card/ITIN Number
- Pass a TB Test (Tuberculosis) or Clear Chest X-Ray
- Pass a Physical Exam to confirm good health
- Pass a Background check (Livescan Fingerprints)
- Possess certification for BLS/CPR for Healthcare Professionals (training will be arranged during VMED-010)
Want to learn more about this program?
or call us at 714-628-5900!