The Santiago Canyon College [SCC] Library is committed to providing an environment that is conducive to study as well as welcoming to all users.
The library offers a wide range of services, materials, and information sources. To this end, we have developed this policy regarding the posting/distributing of college and non-college publicity materials and solicitation activities within the library facility.
Publicity Posting and Distribution
This Library policy is developed within the rules and regulations established by the Associated Students [SEE:
”Publicity Regulations”], Santiago Canyon College, and the Rancho Santiago Community College District [RSCCD] for college and non-college publicity.
- The Library reserves the right to selectively publicize, post, or distribute on its two bulletin boards and literature display racks the following:
§ SCC Library activities and programs
§ SCC Library classes
§ SCC Friends of the Library activities and programs
§ Authorized SCC club publicity flyers, i.e., authorized by Director of Student Services or Student Activities Coordinator
§ Publicity for College sponsored events/activities, e.g., KinderCaminata, etc.
§ Any RSCCD activity/event
- No partisan political campaign materials may be posted/distributed in the Library.
- No personal advertisements/employment solicitations.
- Unauthorized publicity will be removed and discarded.
- The Outreach Librarian is responsible for receiving and the posting of publicity materials in the library.
Definition: Solicitation is defined as any verbal or written effort to raise funds through the sale of merchandise/services or through charitable donations as well as to influence opinions or gain support for an issue or cause.
- No solicitation is permitted in the Library by any off-campus groups or individual
- SCC-sponsored collection boxes must be neat and appropriately labeled.
§ The Outreach Librarian is responsible for receiving.
§ The designated library location for collection boxes is the foyer immediately inside the Library entrance.
SCC-sponsored or SCC-curriculum related survey or opinion polls must comply with the
“Standards of Student Conduct.”
No partisan political campaigning or solicitation.