Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Policy
The Santiago Canyon College Library has adopted the following RFID policy:
- Library information on the tag will be limited to the barcode.
- Patrons will not have the ability to search the catalog by barcode.
- We will not utilize wireless connections to communicate between security gates, self-checks, or other RFID-reading devices and the integrated library system (ILS) database.
- The implementation of an RFID system will reinforce the current library duty to make sure the ILS database is as secure from unauthorized entry as possible.
- We will not implement smart-card RFID patron library cards.
- We will inform patrons that our library utilizes RFID technology on our website and at the circulation desk.