Live Library-Scheduled Workshops
Available topics: Finding Articles; Creating Citations Using MLA Formatting; Creating Citations Using APA Formatting; Primary and Secondary Sources; Credible Internet Sources; Literary Criticism Resources|
- Any enrolled student may choose this option for live, interactive instruction.
- Students preregister for scheduled sessions using the SCC Library's LibCal system.
- Before the session start, students receive a confirmation email which includes a Zoom link, Zoom password, and expectations for participation.
- At the scheduled time, students join the workshop session and participate accordingly.
- Attendance and participation of students who successfully complete this option will be sent to the instructor(s) specified at pre-registration.
Student Learning Outcomes by Topic
|Following this workshop, students will be able to find articles and other content on a topic by using the SmartSearch Discovery tool or by searching a selected periodicals database. They will be able to differentiate between scholarly and popular periodical articles. Students will also be able to develop search terms that yield relevant search results; limit/filter search results; and evaluate the relevancy of their search results. |
|Creating Citations Using MLA Formatting; Creating Citations Using APA Formatting|