The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is seeking a successor to Santiago Canyon College (SCC) President Juan Vázquez, who will be retiring on August 15, 2014.
RSCCD, with assistance from Community College Search Services, is conducting a presidential search for qualified candidates that possess the following personal characteristics and qualities:
- Demonstrated strong management and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated strength of character;
- Dedication to the principles and achievement of academic freedom and local district/college autonomy;
- Broad cultural and intellectual interests with a deep concern for people;
- Personal characteristics necessary for working with faculty, students and the community; and
- Thorough commitment to the concept that the comprehensive community college should be accessible to people from every social and economic level of the community.
Complete details regarding the SCC president position and the presidential search process, including hiring timelines, can be found on the RSCCD website.
Visit SCC Presidential Search Website