Sign In

Foreign Coursework

Students who have satisfactorily completed courses from a foreign nation's appropriately accredited university may be able to apply the course credits toward an Associate degree at Santiago Canyon College. Students should consult a counselor BEFORE requesting to have credits evaluated, because the time it takes to evaluate a large number of units can delay enrollment. Courses must first be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency, and then reviewed by the Santiago Canyon College Admissions Office. Some courses also require approval by the department chair. Once courses are approved, their credit(s) may then be transferred to Santiago Canyon College.


To have foreign coursework credits evaluated, students should contact one of the approved credential evaluation agencies listed below and request a detailed equivalency report that indicates - for each course, its US semester unit equivalency, and the grade the student earned:

  • ACEI: Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. 310-275-3530
  • AERC: American Education Research Corporation. 626-339-4404
  • IERF, International Education Research Foundation. 310-258-9451,
  •  APIE: Academic and Professional International Evaluations, Inc. 562-594-6498

For further questions or concerns, please see an international student counselor at the Counseling Center, Room D-106, or you may make an appointment by calling the Counseling Center at 714-628-4800


For Transfer: If your intention is to transfer foreign coursework to a four-year university, the transferability of courses will be determined by the transfer institution upon admission to the college or university.