Sign In

Housing Information

​​​​​Santiago Canyon College does not offer on-campus housing and does not directly arrange housing for students. Students can find local off-campus apartments or rooms for rent in nearby communities. 

All international students under the age of 18 must provide proof of local guardianship while studying at Santiago Canyon College. This could be a local family or friends willing to provide support and housing. Otherwise, we recommend Homestay Placement as an alternative means for guardianship. Once over 18, you will no longer need a guardian.

​Homestay Placement

As an international student, you can choose to participate in a homestay program and live with a host American family. These programs are arranged through private companies that charge a fee to match you with a compatible, pre-screened family. Your living arrangements would depend on your personal preferences as well as those of the host family. The host family often provides meals; typically, the student would have a private bedroom and share a bathroom with members of the family. Each of these private companies has its own rules and regulations. SCC does not monitor or administer these programs. Applications must be submitted directly to the organization and processed prior to your arrival.  

International Housing Placement Service (IHPS) 

600 N Rosemead Blvd,​ Suite 211​

​Pasadena, CA 91107

Tel: (626) 798-0209​​

Fax: (626) 795-5198

Email:  info@ihpsh​

Student International Housing, Inc.(SIH)

5757 W. Century Blvd, Suite 719

Los Angeles, CA  90045

Phone: (310) 320-4700

Fax:  (310) 348-2926​​


424 Kelton Avenue, Suite 514

Los Angeles, Ca  90024

Phone: (310) 824-4908

Fax:  (310) 824-2412

Email: contact@​

International Student Placements​

199 First Street, Suite 305​​

Los Altos, CA  94022

Phone:  (650) 947-8879

Fax:  (650) 648-1105​


StudentLink International

P.O. Box 7231

Torrance, CA  90504

Phone:  (424) 250-0775

Fax:  (815) 327-1811


Global Homestay Services​

1182 Monte Vista Ave. #18

Upland, CA  91786

Phone:  (626) 523-5766 

or (866) 982-9710


Homestay Services International (HSI)

P.O. Box 5673

Glendale, CA  91221

Phone:  (818) 850-8715

Fax:  (815) 327-1811​

PRM Homestay Services

4770 Eureka Ave. #1184

Yorba Linda, Ca. 92885

Phone: ​(714) 791-0557

Fax: (661) 456-8234



There are countless options when searching for an apartment. There are various types of housing that classify as an apartment. This could be a studio, a townhome, a rental through a homeowner, and the list keeps going. Below is a list of websites to help you refine your search. 

So you found an apartment - congratulations! Now, do you have furniture to fill it?
  • Check out CORT for furniture rental or low-cost purchases:
  • Check out for a range of home furnishing products that are affordable and functional for small​ apartment living.
  • The Salvation Army and Goodwill are non-profit organizations that have many thrift stores offering second-hand items. This is a great, affordable way to furnish a home.
  •​​ assists in finding utility resources in your area. This includes internet, cable, TV services, etc.

Disclaimer:  Santiago Canyon College (SCC) does not review, inspect, or recommend, nor are we affiliated with any of the listings that are posted. Students should be aware that the postings may be made by any person in the community, not just SCC students. It is the responsibility of the student to interview all potential roommates and make arrangements for rental charges. SCC does not take any responsibility for the condition and/or specific circumstances arising from the use of this information. SCC expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for any problems that may arise with regard to such property or rental units.  ​All prospective are encouraged to carefully review all placements prior to signing any agreements.