Students Appplying from outside the U.S.||
Students Applying from within the U.S.||Orientation Dates||Term Start Date|
January 4, 2019||
February 1, 2019||
January 29 & 30||
February 11, 2019|
Summer 2019||May 1, 2019||June 1, 2019||TBD||June 17, 2019|
Fall 2019||July 1, 2019||August 4, 2019||TBD||August 26, 2019|
Now accepting applications for Summer & Fall 2019!
1. Submitting an Application
Application FeeDemonstration of English ProficiencyAcademic TranscriptsFinancial Support Documents
- Application Form
Physician Report / Proof of TB testPersonal StatementCopy of Valid Passport Identification
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank Certification
TRANSFER STUDENTS MUST ALSO SUBMIT:
- Transfer Eligibility Form
- Copy of F-1 Visa
- Copy of most recent I-94
- Copy of ALL I-20s other schools have issued you.
2. Submit your completed application and required documents
Please email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit your application materials by mail or in-person to:
International Student Office A-203
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E Chapman Ave
Orange, CA 92869 USA
3. Allow 5 business days for processing your application
- Our processing time begins once
all required documents are submitted.
- Be sure to include a
current email address in case we need to follow-up on your application.
- Once admitted, you will be issued an acceptance letter and a Form I-20.
E-Ship Global account and pay for express shipping. With this service, you will receive your documents within 3-5 business days. This is required for all non-U.S. addresses.
- All original admission documents must be mailed directly to the student. Only the student can provide authorization to release documents to a third-party. Click here for authorization release form.
Please remember to allow adequate time to arrive in the U.S. to avoid missing the mandatory orientation and class registration. The closer you get to a deadline, the more difficult it may be to obtain an appointment for a visa at a U.S. embassy/consulate.
*F-2 dependents who wish to enroll at Santiago Canyon College must be below full-time status (below 12 units for Spring and Fall/ below 6 units for Summer and Intersession). Students wanting to pursue a full course of study must visit the International Student Office to apply for admission as an F-1 student and gather information on how to apply for a change of status.
Read detailed descriptions of application requirements below.
This form provides us with the necessary information to create your Form I-20. Please fill in ALL fields. When choosing a major, use the following link for a full list of eligible programs:
Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs; this major will be what is listed on your Form I-20.
Non-refundable. $25 USD with minimum English Proficiency
and are applying to SCC college credit program. MUST submit proof of English Proficiency test scores. or $50 USD without the minimum English Proficiency if applying to the SCC English Language Program or planning to take the SCC Test of English Development (TELD).
DEMONSTRATION OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
- TOFEL - 500 (PBT, 173 (CBT), 61 (iBT)
- IELTS - Overall Band 5.0
- iTEP - 3.5
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) - 45
- Eiken - Grade 2
Students who do not meet our English requirement may apply to our intensive English language program
First-time college students must submit copies of their high school/secondary school transcripts. Students who have attended a college or university or ESL program must submit copies of their transcript(s) from their respective school(s).
Transcripts or academic records in languages others than English must be translated and attested by a certified translation or credential evaluation service.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their proof of financial eligibility to receive their I-20s (minimum $23,660). The following documents (dated within the last two months) can be used to prove sufficient financial support:
- Official bank statement from a checking or savings account. An official bank statement in paper format - it cannot be a screenshot of your online banking.
- Bank letter signed by the bank official showing an exact amount of available funds, not estimated.
- Bank Certification Form - must be completed, stamped and signed by a bank official.
Multiple bank statements: You may submit multiple bank statements from more than one sponsor as long as the total amount equals SCC's current cost of attendance. Each sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support form.
Using the Physician Report form, have a doctor or physician complete, sign and stamp indicating you are free from TB and in good health. A copy of the TB test results must be attached and translated in English.
Provide a 1-page letter discussing your educational background and future goals you have for studying at Santiago Canyon College.
COPY OF VALID PASSPORT IDENTIFICATION
- One passport size photo
- Copy of passport biographical page
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the start of the semester you are applying for.
IMMIGRATION RELATED DOCUMENTS
Required only for applicants who are currently in the US on an F-1 visa
- Transfer Eligibility Form - completed by your current school DSO. This is to verify that your SEVIS record is in active status.
- Copy of your F-1 Visa
- Copy of your most recent I-94
- Copy of all pages of all the I-20's you have from all schools you have attended in the U.S.
Students already in the U.S with B1/B2 visa and would like to change status from B1/B2 to F-1, so they can attend Santiago Canyon College, please make an appointment with the International Student Coordinator first before applying.