|Students Appplying from outside the U.S.||Students Applying from within the U.S.|
Term Start Date
|Summer 2018||Now Closed||June 1, 2018||June 6 & 7||June 18, 2018|
|Fall 2018||July 1, 2018||August 4, 2018||August 14 & 15||August 27, 2018|
|Spring 2019||January 4, 2019||February 1, 2019||TBD||February 11, 2019|
Now accepting applications for Spring 2019!
1. Submitting an Application
- Application Form
Demonstration of English Proficiency
Financial Support Documents
Physician Report / Proof of TB test
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank Certification
Copy of Valid Passport Identification
TRANSFER STUDENTS MUST ALSO SUBMIT:
- Transfer Eligibility Form
- Copy of F-1 Visa
- Copy of most recent I-94
- Copy of ALL I-20s other schools have issued you.
2. Submit your completed application and required documents
Please email your application materials to email@example.com. You may also submit your application materials by mail or in-person to:
International Student Office A-203
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E Chapman Ave
Orange, CA 92869 USA
3. Allow 5 business days for processing your application
- Our processing time begins once all required documents are submitted.
- Be sure to include a
current email address in case we need to follow-up on your application.
- Once admitted, you will be issued an acceptance letter and a Form I-20.
- Create an E-Ship Global account and pay for express shipping. With this service, you will
receive your documents within 3-5 business days. This is required for
all non-U.S. addresses.
- All original admission documents must be mailed directly to the student. Only the student can provide authorization to release documents to a third-party. Click here for authorization release form.
Please remember to allow adequate time to arrive in the
U.S. to avoid missing the mandatory orientation and class registration.
The closer you get to a deadline, the more difficult it may be to obtain
an appointment for a visa at a U.S. embassy/consulate.
*F-2 dependents who wish to enroll at Santiago Canyon College must be below full-time status. Students wanting to pursue a full course of study must visit the International Student Office to apply for admission as an F-1 student and gather information on how to apply for a change of status.
Below are detailed descriptions of the required forms for your application
This form provides us with the necessary information to create your Form I-20. Please fill in ALL fields. When choosing a major, use the following link for a full list of eligible programs: Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs; this major will be what is listed on your Form I-20.
Non-refundable. $25 USD with minimum English Proficiency and are applying to SCC college credit program. MUST submit proof of English Proficiency test scores. or $50 USD without the minimum English Proficiency if applying to the SCC English Language Program or planning to take the SCC Test of English Development (TELD).
DEMONSTRATION OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
- TOFEL - 500 (PBT, 173 (CBT), 61 (iBT)
- IELTS - Overall Band 5.0
- iTEP - 3.5
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) - 45
Students who do not meet our English requirement may apply to our intensive English language program
First-time college students must submit copies of their high school/secondary school transcripts. Students who have attended a college or university or ESL program must submit copies of their transcript(s) from their respective school(s).
Transcripts or academic records in languages others than English must be translated and attested by a certified translation or credential evaluation service.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their proof of financial eligibility to receive their I-20s (minimum $23,660). The following documents (dated within the last two months) can be used to prove sufficient financial support:
- Official bank statement from a checking or savings account. An official bank statement in paper format - it cannot be a screenshot of your online banking.
- Bank letter signed by the bank official showing an exact amount of available funds, not estimated.
- Bank Certification Form - must be completed, stamped and signed by a bank official.
Multiple bank statements: You may submit multiple bank statements from more than one sponsor as long as the total amount equals SCC's current cost of attendance. Each sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support form.
Using the Physician Report form, have a doctor or physician complete, sign and stamp indicating you are free from TB and in good health. A copy of the TB test results must be attached and in English.
Provide a 1-page letter discussing your educational background and future goals you have for studying at Santiago Canyon College.
COPY OF VALID PASSPORT IDENTIFICATION
- One passport size photo
- Copy of passport biographical page
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the start of the semester you are applying for.
IMMIGRATION RELATED DOCUMENTS
Required only for applicants who are currently in the US on an F-1 visa
- Transfer Eligibility Form - completed by your current school DSO. This is to verify that your SEVIS record is in active status.
- Copy of your F-1 Visa
- Copy of your most recent I-94
- Copy of all pages of all the I-20's you have from all schools you have attended in the U.S.