Frequently Asked Questions
When will my degree be awarded?
- As petitions are evaluated degrees will be awarded and posted to the transcripts
- There are over 1300 petitions submitted for the Fall 2016 semester
- These petitions are evaluated by hand, one by one
- IF there are missing requirements letters will be sent letting you know what is still needed to earn a degree
I am transferring and need to send my CSU or IGETC certification?
- There is no way to put a rush on your petition to have it evaluated earlier
- Most of the students who petition to graduate from SCC are planning to transfer and everyone is a priority
- You may need to submit an official transcript now and another after your general education certification is awarded
How do I know when my degree is awarded?
- You can view your unofficial transcripts online through Web Advisor
- When your degree has been awarded it will appear at the end of the transcript
When will I get my diploma or certificate?
- Diplomas and certificates are printed in-house
- The order is not placed until ALL awards have been evaluated
- Diplomas and certificates will be available in April 2017
Do I have to pick up my diploma?
- ALL diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address in Web Advisor
- Be sure to update your address
- If you do not receive your diploma it will be your responsibility for reprinting fees ($10) for a duplicate to be mailed