Frequently Asked Questions
When will my degree be awarded?
- Awards must be evaluated before being posted on your transcripts
- Graduation petitions are reviewed one by one
- If there are missing requirements, an email will be sent
I am transferring and need to send my CSU or IGETC certification?
- There is no way to put a rush on your petition
- Most of the students who petition to graduate from SCC are planning to transfer, and everyone is a priority
- You may need to submit an official transcript now and another after your general education certification is awarded
- Check with your transfer institution if official transcripts with GE certifications posted are sufficient
- If you need a CSU or IGETC Certification form, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know when my degree or certificate is awarded?
- Awards will appear at the end of the transcript under the heading "Awards Conferred"
- View your unofficial transcripts online through Self-Service
- Graduation status is communicated via email on file in Self-Service
- Final evaluation of award is completed three times a year (March, August, and October)
When will I get my diploma or certificate?
- Diplomas and certificates are printed in-house
- The order is not placed until ALL awards have been evaluated
- Diplomas and certificates are printed three times a year (April, September, and November)
Do I have to pick up my diploma?
- ALL diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address on Self-Service
- Be sure to update your address if you have moved
- If you do not receive your award, it is your responsibility to reprint fees ($10) for a duplicate to be mailed
How do I order a copy of my diploma or certificate?