Frequently Asked Questions
When will my degree be awarded?
- As petitions are evaluated, degrees will be awarded and posted to the transcripts
- There are over 1,200 records for the Fall 2020 semester
- These petitions are evaluated by hand, one by one
- If there are missing requirements, emails will be sent letting you know what is still needed to earn a degree
I am transferring and need to send my CSU or IGETC certification?
- There is no way to put a rush on your petition to have it evaluated earlier
- Most of the students who petition to graduate from SCC are planning to transfer and everyone is a priority
- You may need to submit an official transcript now and another after your general education certification is awarded
- If you need a CSU or IGETC Certification form, email email@example.com
How do I know when my degree or certificate is awarded?
- Awards will appear at the end of the transcript
- You can view your unofficial transcripts online through WebAdvisor
- Graduation status is communicated via email on file in WebAdvisor
When will I get my diploma or certificate?
- Diplomas and certificates are printed in-house
- The order is not placed until ALL awards have been evaluated
- Diplomas and certificates are printed three times a year (April, September, and November)
Do I have to pick up my diploma?
- ALL diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address in WebAdvisor
- Be sure to update your address
- If you do not receive your diploma, it is your responsibility for reprinting fees ($10) for a duplicate to be mailed
How do I order a copy of my diploma or certificate?