Workshops and Events
View the calendar below for information on upcoming workshops and events:
Workshop & Event Calendar
About our Workshop and Events
Workshop Topics (Summer 2022):
Summer 2022 Workshops will be held via Zoom and In-Person. Registration is required. Registration links can be found in the event Calendar above or by clicking the dates below:
Introduction to Career Exploration
Learn and gather the rools needed to make informed career decisions. In this workshop, we will explore what your values, interests and personality are and how it relates to career decision making.
Choosing a Major Toolkit
Undecided on your major? Considering switching? This workshop will introduce you to tools and strategies that will help you select a major that is aligned with your goal
Professional Networking Workshops (Through BCE)
- Workshops with employers. See the BCE website for further information, dates, and registration.
Career exploration workshops are also offered for High School students attending SCC next year! Click here for more information including dates and registration links.
Past Workshop Topics (Fall /Spring: 2020-2022)
- Introduction to Career Exploration
- Learn and gather the tools needed to make informed career decisions. In this workshop we will explore what your values, interests and personality are and how it relates to career decision making.
- Choosing a Major Toolkit
- Undecided on your major? Considering switching? This workshop will introduce you to tools and strategies that will help you select a major that is aligned with your goals.
- Navigating Career Research
- Now that you’ve learned more about yourself and identified some careers, let’s dive in and explore more specific details about your potential career interests.
- What Can I Do with a Liberal Arts Major?
- For students interested in liberal arts majors (English, history, political science, etc.), a common question is what can I do with that major? The answer is a lot! Join this workshop to dive in to the career exploration process specifically for students interested in liberal arts majors.
- Career Exploration for STEM Majors
- Are you a current or prospective STEM major, but not sure what your career goals are? This workshop will help you begin the career exploration process and lead you toward making an informed career decision.
- Resume Writing
- Looking to develop a resume? Maybe you haven’t updated your resume in a while...then this workshop is for you! Learn the various techniques you can use to develop an eye-catching resume that lands you an interview.
- LinkedIn 101
- LinkedIn is a powerful online tool for networking and searching for jobs. Join this workshop to learn about how to effectively use this platform!
- Exploring Careers in the Arts
- Are you interested in a career that allows you to express your creativity? Do you have an interest in art, but are not sure what kind of career it could lead to? If you answered yes to either of these questions, this workshop is for you!
- Career Exploration - Health Services Pathway
- Have an interest in working in healthcare or health professions? Join us for this workshop to explore the many different health career options. This workshop is great for students considering nursing, medical school, allied health professions, and more!
- Intro to Internships
- Gaining hands-on experience is an important part of career exploration and development. This workshop provides an introduction to what internships are, how to get one and how to gain the most of the experience.
- Exploring Climate Careers
- Do you have an interest in addressing climate change an/or sustainability? Are you unsure about the careers available that match with this interest? If yes, this workshop is for you! Join SCC Career Counseling for Exploring Climate Careers where we will dig into your options for majors and careers connected to this area of interest.
- Education and Human Services Pathway - Career Exploration
- Do you enjoy helping people? Could you see yourself being a teacher? Have you considered being a social worker? Education and Human Services majors can prepare students for careers serving the public. Check out this workshop to explore the various careers in these fields, and the degrees offered at SCC.
Spring Job Fair
- Career Development strives to establish connections among local employers and SCC students seeking employment. We recognize one direct method of reaching out to students is through job fairs on-campus. Therefore, an on-campus job fair is held at SCC each spring semester.
Speakers Connecting Careers (Lecture Series)
- This program provides a gateway for professionals to lecture and dialogue with students who are interested in learning about specific careers and industries. Past lectures have included: FBI, law, city planning, international business, and social media.