MAKE A SMOOTH TRANSITION FROM HIGH SCHOOL TO COLLEGE BY REGISTERING WITH DISABLED STUDENTS PROGRAMS & SERVICES (DSPS)
DSPS offers students a broad range of special services designed to support academic success. Through DSPS, high school students can receive assistance with class scheduling, arrange for support services and participate in priority registration. To apply for DSPS services, follow the steps in the checklist below.
1. COMPLETE A COLLEGE APPLICATION
- Complete a Santiago Canyon College online application for Spring 2019* and Fall 2019.
Apply online here.
*A Spring application is needed because DSPS is providing you with transition services in Spring. On the Spring application under the Education tab, select “enrolling in high school and college at the same time."
2. PROVIDE DISABILITY DOCUMENTATION TO DSPS
- Provide disability documentation to DSPS one of the following ways:
- Most recent Psycho-Educational Assessment Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores. Provide testing score print-out, if available
- Last IEP or 504 plan
- Unofficial high school transcript (Needed for English and Math placement)
3. REGISTER WITH DSPS
- Schedule an appointment to register with DSPS. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments for orientation and class planning will be discussed.
- Plan your Fall 2019 schedule with DSPS.
4. ATTEND ORIENTATION & REGISTER FOR FALL CLASSES