Did you know that even before your financial aid check arrives you can access your federal financial aid funds to buy your text books, starting the first week of the semester! To find out how, please and follow these simple steps:
You will need the following items prior to arriving at the Bookstore:
- A Valid Student ID Card
- A printout of your class schedule (showing enrollment) Note: Class schedule will not be returned.
- A Major Credit Card (this is only needed if you plan to rent text books)
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE:
- You will be asked by the cashier to complete and SIGN the Financial Aid Book Advance Authorization Form at the time of purchase.
- Although you may have received an award letter and accepted your award, the cashier may inform you that funds are unavailable in your account. At that time please RETURN to the Financial Aid Office for clarification. (Building E, Room 104)
- Note: Financial Aid Funds are intended to cover only educational expenses.
- Please understand that once your financial aid check has been printed, no further financial aid access will be available directly through the Bookstore until the next term (because your funds will already be disbursed through your check)
Getting Your Books
For Your Convenience
- Any cashier will be able to help you
- Available for “In-Store" purchases only
- Purchase of other bookstore merchandise is allowable
- Book rentals are permitted
FA-Link only available in SCC Bookstore on the following dates:
- Feb 11 — Feb 25
- Feb 28 — March 4
- March 7 — March 11
- March 14 — March 18
- March 21 — April 1
- April 3 — April 15
- April 18 — April 28
- May 3 — May 13
- May 16 — May 20
- May 23 — May 27
- May 30 — June 10
How the Financial Aid Book Advance Program Works
Following are the steps students MUST follow prior to going to the Bookstore:
Step 1: Student receives award letter and is eligible for federal financial aid
Step 2: Student goes to Web Advisor and accepts their award
Step 3: Student enrolls in classes and currently shows a Satisfactory Status for Academic Progress.
Step 4: Student goes to the SCC Bookstore with the following items.
- Valid Student ID Card
- Copy of students' Enrolled Class Schedule printout (Note: Class schedule will not be returned)
- A major credit card (ONLY necessary if student plans to RENT text books)
Example of Funds Available:
If a student is eligible for $1,000 in federal financial aid for the term (and has followed Steps 1-4 above) they may pick up their books at the SCC Bookstore against their pending disbursement starting the first day of class. The cost of the bookstore purchase will be deducted from student's first federal financial aid disbursement.
Eligibility for $1,000 in federal financial aid for the current semester or term:
|Pell Grant amount||$1000||$750||$500||$200|
|Student's amount available for books||$500||$375||$250||$100|
The difference of the remaining amount will be issued to the student in their financial aid disbursement.
|Federal financial aid award||$1000|
|LESS Books picked up||-500|
|Financial Aid Check||$500|
Please refer to the Disbursement Schedule available at the SCC webpage under Financial Aid or pick up a copy from the Financial Aid Office
Please Note: For the FA-Link Financial Aid Book Advance Program, all return transactions must be made at the campus Bookstore where the item(s) being returned was originally purchased.
Bookstore Returns & Exchanges: No cash refunds will be issued for Bookstore purchases made against the FA-Link Financial Aid Book Advance Program. Funds from returns will be credited back to student's account, and payments will be processed by the Cashiers Office. Absolutely no refunds/returns will be issued after financial aid checks have been generated.
Federal School Code: 036957. The Financial Aid staff is available to assist you through the application process in or der to determine which financial aid programs you qualify for. We are committed to the prompt delivery of student financial aid and we strive to provide quality service to students. To speak with a financial aid representative, please call the Santiago Canyon College Financial Aid Office at (714) 628-4876 or visit us in Building E, Room 104.
Santiago Canyon College and the Financial Aid Office provides this information for students, prospective students, and parents to help you make informed choices about your financial aid options. The information on this flyer is compiled from a variety of state, federal, and college sources. This information is subject to change due to changes in federal or state regulations, college policy, financial aid procedures, or budgeting by any agency supplying financial aid funding. If you discover discrepancies with regard to other sources of information (federal publications, college publications, etc.), please notify us at the email address above. The information on this flyer is superseded by any federal, state, or college publications.