FA-Link will be available in the SCC Bookstore starting the first day of the semester.
Did you know? Even before your financial aid check arrives you can access your federal financial aid funds to buy your text books (only at the SCC Bookstore), starting the first week of the semester! Here's how:
Students who are already awarded and have accepted federal aid funds can follow the steps below to use the FA Link at the SCC Bookstore. Financial aid funds are intended to cover only educational expenses.
To use the FA Link, you must first:
- Receive an offer notification from financial aid indicating your eligibility for federal aid.
- Meet and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be enrolled in classes at SCC or SAC.
How to Get Your Textbooks:
If you've meet all of the requirements and have already been awarded and accepted federal student aid, visit the SCC Bookstore in person to use the FA Link.
At this point, the FA Link cannot be used for online purchases.
Please check the SCC Bookstore Website to confirm their office hours prior to visiting the campus. Let the SCC Bookstore staff know you'd like to use the FA Link.
There are certain dates that you can use the FA Link at the SCC Bookstore.
Fall 2022 FA Link Available:
August 22nd to September 6th
September 8th to September 20th
September 22nd to October 4th
October 6th to October 11th
October 13th to October 31th
November 4th to November 15th
Noveber 17th to December 6th
Example of FA Link:
If a student is eligible for $1,000 in federal financial aid for the term (and has followed Steps 1-4 above) they may pick up their books at the SCC Bookstore against their pending disbursement starting the first day of class. The cost of the bookstore purchase will be deducted from student's first federal financial aid disbursement.
Eligibility for $1,000 in federal financial aid for the current semester or term:
|Pell Grant amount||$1000||$750||$500||$200|
|Student's amount available for books||$500||$375||$250||$100|
The difference of the remaining amount will be issued to the student in their financial aid disbursement.
|Federal financial aid award||$1000|
|LESS Books picked up||-500|
|Financial Aid Check||$500|
- There may be circumstances in which funds may not be available in your account, even if you received an offer notification. If this happens to you, contact our office for details.
- Your funds will be unavailable through the FA Link if your financial aid has already been disbursed.
- If you have already paid out-of-pocket for your books, do not attempt to return the books and re-purchase with the FA link. Your financial aid funds will be disbursed to you instead according to the disbursement schedule.
- For the FA-Link Financial Aid Book Advance Program, all return transactions must be made at the campus Bookstore where the item(s) being returned was originally purchased.
- No cash refunds will be issued for Bookstore purchases made against the FA-Link Financial Aid Book Advance Program. Funds from returns will be credited back to student's account, and payments will be processed by the Cashiers Office. Absolutely no refunds/returns will be issued after financial aid checks have been generated.
Contact our office at 714-628-4876 if you have questions.