Sign In

California College Promise Grant (CCPG)


How do I apply for the California College Promise Grant?

If you have submitted a FAFSA or Dream Act Application, you have already applied for the California College Promise Grant. No need to do anything further.


What is the CCPG?

This used to be called the BOG Fee Waiver. I​t waives eligible California residents' enrollment fees ($46 per unit). S​tudent mandatory fees are not waived -- just tuition fees.​​ 

The CCPG is not a cash award -- the student will not receive a payment. It is a waiver. The State of Calfornia will pay your tution fees.

What semesters are my fees waived?
If you are eligible for the 2022-2023 CCPG it will cover Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 semesters.


Do I need to re-apply each year?
YES – make it habit to complete your financial aid applications (FAFSA or CADAA) each year.


What are the eligibility requirements?
YOU MUST BE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT (have proof of living in California for at least one year and one day)
California residents have FOUR ways to qualify for a CCPG:


Students receiving cash assistance from: TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP, or General Assistance.  Proof of benefits dated within the last 60 days must be submitted to verify eligibility.

2Low income students according to standards set by the State of California Chancellor's office.
3Submit your FAFSA application! This eligibility is determined by information on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application at FAFSA on the Web for US Citizens and eligible non-citizens.  For AB540 students please complete the Online Dream Act application. Once we receive a valid SAR (Student Aid Report), your eligibility can be evaluated.

Special Classifications: This is for dependent students of any of the following: a qualified Veteran (CalVet), a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient; a Victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack; or a deceased law enforcement/fire personnel killed in the line of duty.  Proof of eligibility from the appropriate agency is required.

AB-2990AB-2990: This is a tuition waiver for the surviving spouse or child of of a deceased person who was a resident of California and employed by or contracting with a public agency, whose principal duties consisted of law enforcement service or active fire suppression and prevention, and who died as a result of his or her duties.

Additionally...All Students must Meet Academic Standards       

Sustain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and have a cumulative completion rate of more than 50 percent of the coursework you attempt. (Drops, withdrawals and failing grades affect your completion rate.)

If I am not meeting the Academic Standards, when will I lose my CCPG?
If your cumulative GPA falls below a 2.0 and/or the cumulative number of units you complete is not more than 50 percent for two consecutive primary terms you will be ineligible for the CCPG the following semester.


What are primary semesters?
At Santiago Canyon College a primary semester is considered Fall and Spring semesters.  Winter and summer sessions are not considered primary semesters.


How can I regain eligibility if I lose my CCPG due to not meeting the Academic Standards requirements?
If you lose this grant due to not meeting the Academic Standard requirements, here are a few ways that you could have it reinstated:

  1. Improve your GPA or course completion ratio to meet the academic standing and progress standards
  2. Successfully complete the appeal process.
  3. Do not attend Rancho Santiago Community College District schools for 1 year (sit out 2 consecutive primary semesters).  But, before selecting this option we highly advise you to meet with the Financial Aid Office or Counseling Office to ensure you understand all your options.


Can I appeal the loss of my CCPG fee waiver if I am not meeting the Academic Standards?
Yes – Here is the form you need to print, complete and sign, and submit to the Financial Aid office for review by the Appeals committee. Appeal Form​ Contact our office if you would like more information at 714-628-4876 or come by room E-104.