Sign In


​​​​​​​​​​​​​FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid through the U.S. Department of Education.

Apply for FAFSA here

 Santiago Canyon College Federal School I.D. code is:  036957

​​​​Watch this video that will show you how to complete your FAFSA, step-by-step​​
Chrome browser recommended to view video

​​​​English   ​​​



​​​​If you have more questions, contact our office. 
Contact information can be found here​.

By submitting this one online application, the student is applying for:

  • California College Promise Grant (aka: BOG Fee Waiver)
  • Federal Grants (Pell Grant)​
  • Federal Work Study
  • Cal Grants(if you submit your FAFSA before March 2)​
  • Campus based aid​
  • Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans*

Regardless of income, every student should file a FAFSA every year if they meet the following criteria:

  • You are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (permanent resident, asylum, etc.)
  • You are a high school graduate (or graduating high school senior) at the time of application


BOTH the student AND the parent (of dependent students) will need to create an FSA ID to electronically sign the application. Create your FSA ID here.  ​


Dependent Student: Both student AND parents:

  • 2017 TAX RETURN​
  • 2017 W-2's
  • Social security numbers ​ ​

Dependent Student: Both student AND parents:

  • 2018 TAX RETURN​
  • 2018 W-2's
  • Social security numbers ​ ​

Independent Student: For student only:  

  • 2017 TAX RETURN​
  • 2017 W-2's
  • Social security number ​ ​

Independent Student: For student only:  

  • ​2018 TAX RETURN​​​ 
  • 2018 W-2's​
  • ​​​Social security number ​ ​

​ ​You are a Dependent student if you are under age 24, unmarried, no children. Regardless of whether or not you still live in your parents' home, you are categorized by the Department of Education as dependent.
​ ​You are an Independent student if you are age 24 or older, (or under age 24 and married, and/or supporting your child)​.



October 1st - The new FAFSA for the next academic year becomes available online. Have your tax information available from 2 years prior to the academic year (example: for the 2020-2021 academic year use your 2018 taxes). Don't wait -- start your application early.

March 2nd - This is the deadline for submitting your FAFSA if you hope to receive a Cal Grant. This applies both for community college or if you are transferring to a 4-year institution. Your GPA verification forms must also be submitted to CSAC by this date. (You could still be awarded federal aid if your FAFSA is received later than March 2, so you should still submit an application.)

September 2nd - Currently enrolled community college students only are offered this second chance to apply for Cal Grants by this date. 


Apply for FAFSA here

 Santiago Canyon College Federal School I.D. code is:  036957


* Loans are offered to many students through the FAFSA, but you can decline the loan.  The loan amount noted on your FAFSA award only signifies the amount you are approved to apply for. You will not be awarded a loan unless you are approved after submitting all required documentation, and sign a Promissory Note. More information on loans here​.​