Incoming high school graduates who complete all of the steps of the Early Welcome program will receive
priority registration opportunities for both Fall and Spring semester of their first year; a luxury not available at most community colleges.
To participate in this program, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply to the College
- Apply online starting on October 1, 2017. Deadline to apply for Early Welcome is May 12, 2018.
- Students must complete the application as if they are already graduates of high school (e.g. The application will ask "Are you a high school graduate?" and the student must say "Yes")
2. Take a Placement Test
- After completing your application and it has been processed you will receive an email from Outreach asking you to sign up for a placement testing date.
- We are offering placement testing at SCC as well as our local high schools. Placement Testing being offered at school sites are for their students only.
2018 Test Date at High Schools
- Anaheim High- Friday, February 23rd at 8am
- Beckman High -Tuesday, March 5th at 8am
- Canyon High -Tuesday, March 20th at 8am
- Corona High -Tuesday, March 6th at 12pm
- El Dorado High - Wednesday, April 11th at 8am
- El Modena High - Tuesday, April 10th at 8am (Last Name: A-N) and Thursday, April 12th (Last Name: O-Z)
- Esperanza High - Tuesday, March 8th at 8am
- Foothill High - Wednesday, March 7th at 8am
- Hillview High - Tuesday, February 13th at 8am
- Orange High - Thursday, March 15th at 8am
- Richland High - Friday, March 23th at 8am
- Santiago High (Corona) - Tuesday, March 6th at 8am
- Tustin High - Wednesday, March 21st at 8am
- Valencia High - Friday, March 9th at 8am
- Villa Park High - Thursday, February 22nd at 8am
- Yorba Linda High - Thursday, March 22nd at 8am
Monday, March 26 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, April 2 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, April 9 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
- Monday, April 16 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, April 23 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, April 30 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, May 7 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, May 14 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, May 21 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, June 4 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, June 11 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
Monday, June 18 – Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 2:30pm
- Please arrive at 2:15pm for check-in.
- Students must bring a photo ID to the test.
All testing at SCC is in room E-203.
- Students can bypass part or all of the placement test by submitting EAP scores, AP (Math or English) scores or completing the SCC CROSSroads program.
3. Complete Online Orientation at Home
- Log on to WebAdvisor and complete the New Student Orientation.
- Make sure to update your password and keep it in a safe place.
4. Attend Academic Planning and Registration at SCC
Students must complete the SCC placement test before being allowed to attend the SCC orientation.
Students should bring an unofficial transcript to the orientation.
Students will be assigned one of following orientation dates during placement testing
2018 Registration Dates:
Friday, April 20- Beckman, Corona, Hillview, Santiago, Villa Park
Friday, April 27- Foothill, Orange, Valencia, 3/26
Friday, May 4- Canyon, Esperanza, Richland, Tustin, Yorba Linda
Friday, May 11- El Dorado, El Modena, Katella, 4/2, 4/9, 4/16
Friday, May 18- 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, and 5/14 testers
- Wednesday, June 20- Make Up Orientation (morning session)
- Thursday, June 21- Make Up Orientation (evening session)
- Students attending any of the schools listed above should inquire with their college/career center about free bus transportation to orientation provided by SCC!
Orientations begin promptly at 8:30am and end at 1:00pm (except Make Up Dates). Check-in will be in front of the E-Building at 8am.
Orientation dates will be determined by the placement test date. The earlier the student tests; the earlier the assigned orientation date will be.
Parent orientations will also be available on the day of their students orientation. No additional sign up needed, just attend orientation with your student.
If students need to make changes to their assigned orientation date, they can reply to the email that will be sent to them or call 714-628-4808.
Parking will be free in the student lot #4 during orientation.
Register for Classes Online
Registration will take place during Orientation and will be assisted by SCC staff and counselors.
Students do not need to pay immediately for classes but just know that the deadline to pay for classes is June 26th. If you do not pay you will be dropped from your classes.
6. Sign Up for the Summer Advantage Academy (optional)
- Access a 2nd year of priority registration by attending the Summer Advantage Academy! To learn more about the program please click the "Summer Advantage Academy" tab
If you would like all of the above information in a printable document please click here.