The 2015 Early Welcome program is now over. If you have just applied to SCC, please schedule your testing through the Testing Center at 714-628-4985.
In an effort to serve high school seniors, Santiago Canyon College is pleased to introduce the Early Welcome program; a joint effort among outreach, admissions, and counseling. This program addresses the importance of maintaining relationships with local high schools by allowing graduating seniors the ability to complete matriculation services in the spring for the upcoming fall semester.
Incoming students who complete all of the steps of the Early Welcome program will receive priority registration opportunities for both Fall and Spring semester of their first year; a luxury not available at most community colleges.
To participate in this program, students must complete the following steps:
1. Apply to the College
- Apply online starting on December 1, 2014. Deadline to apply for Early Welcome is May 11, 2015.
- Students MUST submit a valid email address.
- Students must complete the application as if they are already graduates of high school e.g. The application will ask "Are you a high school graduate?" and the student must say "Yes".
2. Take a Placement Test
- Students must complete their application to be eligible to test. Space is limited!
2015 Test Dates:
- Thursday, February 19- Villa Park High at 8am (for VPHS students only)
- Monday, February 23- Canyon High at 8am (for CHS students only)
- Wednesday, February 25- Foothill High at TBD (for FHS students only)
- Tuesday, March 3- Valencia High at 8am (for VHS students only)
- Thursday, March 12- Orange High at 8am (for OHS students only)
- Thursday, March 26- Yorba Linda High at 8am (for YLHS students only)
- Monday, March 30- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, April 6- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Tuesday, April 7- El Modena High at 8am (for EMHS students only)
- Monday, April 13- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, April 20- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, April 27- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, May 4- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, May 11- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Monday, May 18- Santiago Canyon College (E-203) at 3pm
- Students must bring a photo ID to the test.
- All testing at SCC is in room E-203.
- Students can bypass part or all of the placement test by submitting EAP scores, AP (Math or English) scores or completing the SCC CROSSroads program.
3. Attend Orientation at SCC
- Students must complete the SCC placement test before being allowed to attend the SCC orientation.
- Students should bring an UNOFFICIAL transcript to the orientation.
- Students will be assigned one of following orientation dates.
- 2015 Orientation Dates:
- Friday, April 24 at 8:30am
- Friday, May 1 at 8:30am
- Friday, May 8 at 8:30am
- Friday, May 15 at 8:30am
- Friday, May 29 at 8:30am
- Friday, May 29 at 12:45pm
- The orientation dates will be determined by the placement test date. The earlier the student tests; the earlier the assigned orientation date will be.
- Parent orientations will also be available on the day of their students orientation.
- If students need to make changes to their assigned orientation date, they can reply to the email that will be sent to them.
- Parking will be free in the student lots during the orientation.
4. Register for Classes Online
- ONLY those students who attend the orientation will be allowed to receive priority registration. Registration will take place in early June.
- Students will receive their 1 day only online registration date during the orientation.
- Students will register for open class sections. Student will NOT be able to go on the "waitlist" for any closed classes.
- To avoid being dropped, students should PAY for classes on the day of registration.
- Students who MISS their priority online registration date will NOT be allowed to register until mid August.