The Summer Advantage Academy is a collaborative effort between faculty, staff, and administration with the goal of assisting students in successful transition from high school to college. Students
participating in the Academy will gain a true advantage by: receiving college success tips from our faculty, gaining reading and writing strategies for mastering college-level materials, learning math success skills, learning about our programs and services, receiving an interactive tour from our
current students, meeting other incoming students, and familiarizing themselves with the SCC
campus. By completing the program, students will be
awarded priority registration
their second year of college.
How to Receive Two Years of Priority Registration:
· Complete the Early Welcome Program during your Senior Year in High School to access your first year of priority registration.
· After completing Early Welcome, participate in the Summer Advantage Academy held in August prior to your first week of school. You may choose from any of the following 2-Day sessions:
*Session dates for 2019 SAA to be announced*
Sessions will be held at SCC from
9:00am until 3:50pm. Attendance at both dates
is required to receive 2nd year priority. Lunch will be provided on both dates.
Gain the Advantage! Space is limited! Deadline to register is July 31st.
Registration link to come
Follow these steps once on SAA registration page:
1. Enter your SCC student ID and Birth Date.
2. Click on “Continue"
3. Click on “Make Appointment"
4. Click on “Find Appointments"
5. Select one session start date.
Remember your session will be two consecutive dates and attendance on both session dates is required to receive 2nd year priority registration.
6. Select “Summer Advantage Academy" and input contact information.
7. Click on “Continue"
You're done! You should receive an email confirmation that you have registered for your session. Please keep for your records. No further follow up is needed. For additional questions please email the Outreach office at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714-628-4808. Deadline to register is July 31st or when capacity is reached, whichever comes first.