Dear Santiago Canyon College Students,
In recent days we have seen discouraging data regarding a spike in positive coronavirus cases and we are seeing unfortunate indications that the number of fatalities is on a similar trend. Our top priority, at all times, is to provide a safe and healthy environment for faculty, staff, and students.
Santiago Canyon College has made the decision that the fall 2020 semester will begin with classes delivered nearly entirely online, with only limited exceptions for certain programs. While this action presents challenges to our learning environment, it is the right step to take in the face of this prolonged pandemic. In continuing to offer remote instruction and support services, we will be doing our part to help stop the spread of the virus.
As we prepare for a successful fall semester, please be advised of the following:
As always, Santiago Canyon College is grateful for your flexibility and patience as we navigate this unprecedented crisis. We are a resilient community and I know we will come through this as a stronger college.
- SCC classes are being taught using a variety of methods. For additional details, please view the SCC Fall Class and Instruction Methods webpage.
- The majority of fall 2020 courses will be conducted online; however, SCC has identified a few essential courses that cannot be delivered virtually. The SCC Fall 2020 Class Schedule will reflect if the class is online or on-campus, in-person.
- When selecting a class, please take note of the method of instruction through which that specific class will be offered.
- We encourage you to contact SCC Counseling online via live chat for academic guidance, clarification on the various instructional methods and to develop or update your educational plan.
- Initially, we will have as small presence of support services available on-campus, including Admission and Records, Financial Aid and Health and Wellness Center. These offices will have limited office hours and require an appointment for on campus access. Visit the Online Resources webpage for more details.
Vice President of Student Services
Santiago Canyon College