Are you concerned or worried about your health during the COVID-19 crisis? You have help.
Today's the day to work toward becoming the healthiest You …and SCC can help
If you are currently enrolled in SCC and have paid the mandatory health fee, you still have access to free and low-cost health and wellness care to help you get healthy and stay healthy – from head to toe. While we are in a remote environment, there are still services available for you! Just call 714-628-4773 and leave a voice mail with your name and phone number to make a confidential appointment. If your call is made during business hours, we will call you back as soon as possible with available appointment times to answer your questions.
We Make It Easy for You to Focus on You
- You don't need insurance to use SCC's Health and Wellness Services and most services are free!
- We do not bill you or your insurance company. This means everything will stay extra confidential.
- Your medical information is kept private and confidential.
- You've already paid your mandatory health fee, so why not take advantage of our services?
- Family PACT prescriptions for birth control are available visa Tele-Health
- If you need additional care or support like urgent care or a specialist, we can refer you to a low-cost, or local community provider.
Our Student Health Services
We offer a wide range of services even in this remote environment, from telemedicine to psychological services to smoking cessation, and much more.
We have our College doctor available twice a week, along with registered nurses and clinical psychologists available every weekday. And, if there is something we can't assist you with, we can refer you to local, low-cost providers who can.
We offer telemedicine services with the College doctor on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Call 415-628-4773 to make an appointment. Our telemedicine services include:
- If you have questions about a possible infection and need treatment.
- Interested in Family PACT Enrollment for Birth Control? We can enroll you over the phone.
- As a Family PACT enrollees you can get Plan B Emergency Contraception at your local pharmacy with your Family PACT card at the pharmacy counter
- Birth control and renewal prescriptions
- Screening mammography referrals
- Confidential referrals to local low-cost providers
Tests and Immunizations
During physical distancing, we aren't able to complete lab testing but we can provide you;
**Please note, SCC is not a COVID-19 testing site at this time
· Tuberculosis screening via telephone
Your Emotional Fitness – It's a No Brainer
Free Psychological Services / Personal Counseling
We recognize the added stresses of the changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic and that it can heighten issues already there. We understand and we want to help.
SCC's therapists work one-on-one in a safe, caring, and confidential environment to help you adjust to college life, cope with personal challenges, and gain self-awareness through:
- Personal counseling
- Short-term therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Extensive referral services
We are also here to care for your physical health!
We cover the psychological issues that relate to your physical health.
Students who use SCC's Health and Wellness Services can discuss a wide range of topics. In fact, we welcome you to call us to talk about any of your concerns. After all, your concerns are our concerns. We can assist you with such life issues as:
- Academic pressures
- Cultural adjustment
- Death or loss
- Depression or despair
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family and/or romantic/interpersonal relationships
- Identity issues
- Isolation and loneliness
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Substance abuse
- Suicide prevention
Call 415-628-4773 to make a therapy appointment today
24/7 Crisis Resources
- If you need immediate support and/or are having serious thoughts of hurting yourself or others, please call 911 or the OC Crisis Assessment Team at (866) 830-6011
- OC Crisis Phone Line: (877) 7-CRISIS or (877) 727-4747
- Crisis Text Line: Text “COURAGE" to 741741
During COVID-19 – Tele-health Services
*Psychological Services/Personal Counseling Appointments with a psychologist must be made by calling SCC's Student Health & Wellness Services at 714-628-4773 and leaving a message with your name and phone number.
Want to quit smoking? We can definitely help you!
Smoking Cessation Services
We can help you take charge of your nicotine or tobacco use. Smokers who receive our assistance are twice as likely to quit successfully. We will help you quit in a safe way that works best for you and your life.
SCC's Smoking Cessation program includes:
- One-on-one tele-health counseling with a Cessation Counselor or Health Educator
- Health information about smoking and the benefits of stopping
- A smoking cessation plan to fit your personal needs
- Strategies for behavior modification and to control your cravings
- Prescriptions for medications
- Call 714-628-4776 for an appointment and leave your name and call-back number
Santiago Canyon College Health and Wellness Center
Building T-102 Health Services (entrance is under the big blue awning)*
8045 E. Chapman Avenue, Orange, CA 92869
*Please note that our office is closed to walk-ins until further notice*
Call for appointments using our Telehealth number:
*Medical doctor hours are Monday & Tuesday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
*Registered Nurse is available for advice Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
*Clinical Psychologists are available Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Each therapy appointment is one hour.
|Monday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Noon)|
Office: Building T, Room 102
Phone: (714) 628-4773