To be eligible for the Student Support Services TRiO Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in 12 units (waived with permission of program director)
- Have an educational goal to transfer to a four-year university or graduate with an associate degree.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Residents must provide proof of residency) AND
- Have a need for academic support as demonstrated through SCC Placement Test results (as specified below) AND
- Meet the low-income criteria as specified below (student must submit copy of parent's 1040 as proof of income) OR
- Meet first generation college student criteria (Parents did not earn a bachelors degree).
Other eligibility criteria to be considered are:
- Disabled students: may appeal low income criteria requirements; must demonstrate a need for academic support.
- Non-first generation students: must appeal first generation criteria requirements; must meet low income criteria and must demonstrate need for academic support.
Annual Low Income Levels
(Effective January 31, 2017 until further notice)
|Family Size||Income||Family Size||Income|
* For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,270 .