The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) First Year Scholarships are awarded to recognize academic and specialized achievement among first year college students attending SCC in the fall and spring semesters. These scholarships are supported by the Waltmar Foundation.
First Year Scholarship Applications
The deadline to apply is September 19, 2022
Who can apply?
To submit a scholarship application, a student must:
- Incoming First-Year SCC Students
- To be considered a first-year student for the purposes of this scholarship, you must have less than 12 college credits completed at the time of application.
- This scholarship is available for students who graduated from a high school or received a GED from an institution located in Orange County (OC). You will be asked to provide a copy of your high school transcripts or equivalency documents in the application.
Don't fit these categories? This might not be the application for you.
- Be pursuing a degree or certificate offered at SCC
- Have SCC listed as their main campus with Admissions & Records
- Have less than 12 college credits completed
- Have a high school GPA of 3.0 or above.
We do offer other scholarship applications for current Continuing Education students, continuing SCC students, and students getting ready for transfer. These applications are usually available once each academic year in January. Contact the SCC Scholarship Office
to learn which application is right for you.
Students can submit the online application by logging into the SCC Scholarship Portal.
You will need your SCC student email address to access the site.
Questions? Contact Us!