Fall 2020 CSU and UC Applications
The Fall 2020 CSU and UC application filing periods have passed. There are only a few remaining open campuses. Please see the Transfer Success Center for more details on open campuses or for future filing periods for both systems.
- UC Application Academic Transfer Update: Each UC you apply to will need to be updated during the end of December or beginning of January. Per the UC website, the deadline to update is JANUARY 31, 2019.
- CSU Supplemental Applications: Some CSU campuses use a second application to determine eligibility for admission. If a school needs you to do this, they will email you a direct link with how to login.
- Admissions Portals and Profiles: All UC's and most CSU's will email you with admission portal login information. Setup your profile as soon as possible to avoid missing important deadlines.
- Official Transcripts: UC and CSU campuses will request official transcripts when they need them from you.
The Transfer Success Center works closely with the Santiago Canyon College Counseling department. Students can receive support in many different areas directly from transfer staff, but we will often recommend that you see a counselor in order to make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed transfer decision. Counseling is generally available any time that the Transfer Success Center is open (see hours below) but the holidays bring about unique hours.
Here are the hours for counseling for the remaining days of December and beginning of January:
-Week of December 16-
- Monday, 12/16: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, 12/17: 12 PM to 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, 12/18: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Thursday, 12/19: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Friday, 12/20: NO COUNSELORS ON DUTY
-Week of December 23-
- Monday, 12/23 thru Friday, 12/27: CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS
-Week of December 30-
- Monday, 12/30: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, 12/31: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, 1/1: CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
- Thursday, 1/2: NO COUNSELORS ON DUTY
- Friday, 1/3: Limited Availability
-Counseling duties will resume in full on Monday, 1/6/20-
If you have any other questions about when counselors are available or what questions you can ask a counselor, head to the SCC Counseling website.
Office Hours (Fall 2019):
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Office Closures (Fall 2019):
|Monday, September 2||Labor Day|
|Monday, November 11||Veterans Day|
|November 28-29||Thanksgiving Holiday|
|December 23-29||Winter Break|
|Wednesday, January 1||New Year's Day|
What is the Transfer Success Center?
The SCC Transfer Success Center supports and guides students through the four-year university transfer process. We aim to empower all students, especially those underrepresented and disadvantaged, in achieving their transfer goals. Programs, services, and resources are provided to give comprehensive transfer information which will help students prepare for successful admission and transition to four-year institutions.
We are here to help all SCC students before, during, and after the application.