Designed specifically for those with little to no fiction writing experience, find your pathway towards your fiction writing goals. Learn the basic building blocks of story: character, plot and setting. Then find out the different forms of fiction writing and some of the genres you might like to explore. Whether you've never written a word of fiction, or haven't written since high school or college, you will complete the course with the skills you need to get started. Create a new work of fiction, or revive an old one that's been sitting in your bottom drawer.
Upon successful completion of the course you will:
1. Understand the elements of fiction writing and how they interact.
2. Understand the different forms and structures of fiction writing and which best fits a given story idea.
3. Create a relatable & engaging protagonist for a story, engage your character in a challenging, high stakes story.
4. Be able to create a comprehensive outline for your story that can guide the writing process to completion.
6. Know how to research markets, create a marketing plan for submission and ultimate publication of your completed work.
1. Learn the basic elements of fiction writing (character, plot, setting and conflict); how they interact to form an engaging story.
2. To learn how to craft relatable characters, and place them in interesting situations.
3. To understand the difference between fiction forms and structures, and which is most suited to a given project.
4. To experiment with settings and plot structures in the most effective way to tell a particular story.
5. To plan and outline a fiction writing project from conception to completion.
6. To research appropriate markets for the story and create a marketing plan.