To be a substitute today it takes student respect, skills and a portfolio of ideas and workable presentations. You may get the first call but the successful substitute gets the second and third call to report. Understand what is expected of a substitute and how to maximize your value to a school. Find out about how to develop a sub notebook, understand classroom management, the latest techniques in developing lesson plans, how to use your own portfolio to assist in teaching, and much more. With information applicable to any U.S. state, this course will provide you with the information you need to know to be successful at any level in any school. It will start you on the teaching path with a working knowledge and a portfolio of ideas to use the day you walk into a new teaching environment. It will also assist you in finding important information to make you a valuable asset to any school system.
At the end of this course you will:
- Know what is expected of a successful substitute teacher
- Gain an understanding of how you can benefit a school as a substitute teacher
- Receive handouts for your portfolio to assist you in substitute teaching at all levels
- Know ESOL and ESE strategies to assist you in teaching all students
- Develop a workable portfolio that will contain, classroom rules, bell ringers, lesson plans and a lesson plan template.
- To provide participants with information regarding the importance and expectations of a substitute teacher today
- To deliver, evaluate classroom rules, and examples of rules, infractions and consequences
- To provide information on how to read and write a lesson plan as well as develop portfolio lesson plans
- To address strategies to teach ESE and ESOL students