The Student Success Equity Committee will recommend, coordinate, and initiate strategies which enhance student success and student equity at Santiago Canyon College. The committee will serve as a “hub” for student success initiatives such as the Student Success Support Program (SSSP); Basic Skills; and Student Equity.
Responsibilities for promoting student success and equity may include:
- Exploring current research on student success and equity.
- Identifying and assessing student needs in order to enhance student success and student equity.
- Promoting or recommending instructional and student support programs and services.
- Integrating and coordinating student success initiatives, i.e., SSSP, BSI.
- Recommending professional development activities and topics.
- Recommending budget proposals to the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
One faculty will serve as co-chair with the Vice President of Student Services or designee.
11 Faculty (one from each of the student success committees under the council)
- Gen Ed/Transfer
- Academic Success Center
- Continuing Education
- BSI Faculty Coordinator
- At Large
4 Administrators including the Student Equity Director
3 Classified (appointed by CSEA) including a Research Analyst
2 Students (appointed by ASG)