Maintain an evolving, user-friendly website that promotes Santiago Canyon College and facilitates College services.
The website committee will assist the webmaster with the following responsibilities:
- Report and make recommendations to the Technology Committee
- Develop and recommend web related policies and standards
- Oversee the Design and Underlying Technology
- Ensure the website stays current with new technology/trends
- Implement regular data collection methods
- Use data collected to guide the framework and infrastructure of the college website
- Create guiding principles to steer the framework and infrastructure decisions of the college website
- Work with ITS to set timelines for web engine upgrade and new website deployments.
- Regularly assess the design of the website and make recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate with SCC’s graphic designer to update websites images and graphics
- Create web engine compatible design prototypes based on collected feedback
- Serve as the liaison between District ITS, college governance groups and content owners.
- Identify and advocate for web needs and services for the college community.
- Assign a core team of members to maintain a calendar of events and time-sensitive information or announcements throughout the college website.
- Develop and maintain standardized publishing guidelines for content owners.
- Ensure Signature Programs are provided space for promotion.
- Provide web-publishing training to Santiago Canyon College faculty and staff
- Provide ADA accessibility training to all content owners to ensure the website is ADA accessible
- Evaluate the website for ADA accessibility
One member will serve as the Chair of the committee
3 Faculty: Alice Ho, Anson Lui, Jeffrey Wada
2 Administrators: Dean Hopkins, Tuyen Nguyen
2 Classified: Isabel Garcia*, Loann Tran
1 ITS Representative (non-voting): Jorge Forero
1 Student: Aslan Mitchell
*One member shall be from continuing education